The Daddy of all "Typical City" moments is coming up

^^^
Yeah, it feels almost inevitable that our maiden Champion’s League win will be following a series of obscene phases of play. I don’t doubt for one minute that there will be drama.

Last edited:
We all know, deep down, what the moment will be.
Champions League final, 0-2 down to Bayern after 30 mins, we make a spectacular come back.(Torres 64, Sterling 79). It is 2-2 at 90 mins....KdB floats one of his beautiful crosses bending to the far post, the defence all miss it and there is a blue shirt unmarked, SHOOT! we cry in unison, but FFS, for it is he, shanks it into the side netting. There are still 3 mins of added time.........
True
and there will still be some
that leave early ;-)

Love this video from the Waldorf. We went in there about 9pm after visiting various other hostelries on the way back from the stadium. It was like a war zone. I met a mate just outside the door and he was lying on the floor with his back to the pub wall but still just able to talk. But the pub had literally been drunk dry and was just selling soft drinks. No beer left, no wine, all the spirits optics empty. Never seen anything like it. The people left in there were shellshocked by what had happened.

We all know, deep down, what the moment will be.
Champions League final, 0-2 down to Bayern after 30 mins, we make a spectacular come back.(Torres 64, Sterling 79). It is 2-2 at 90 mins....KdB floats one of his beautiful crosses bending to the far post, the defence all miss it and there is a blue shirt unmarked, SHOOT! we cry in unison, but FFS, for it is he, shanks it into the side netting. There are still 3 mins of added time.........
And Sane scores an own goal to complete his hat trick in the final 30 seconds of the three minutes.

And Sane scores an own goal to complete his hat trick in the final 30 seconds of the three minutes.
but goes to VAR and is ruled out
a big brawl ensues
all 20 out field players are sent off
and city are awarded a pen
Ederson sends Neuer
the wrong way
after another Var check
its ours

I know exactly how you felt 'cos i was the same.
I would say in that moment, typical City reared it's head and almost wiped me out. The despair on 90 minutes was unbearable and i don't mind admitting that i cracked. No tears, but lots of anger and disillusionment swirling inside my head. The game was gone, it was all over. Typical fuckin City.
Then WALLOP! Super Mario and Sergio bamboozled 'typical City' before smashing it out of ground with a one-two Ali would be proud of.
Like a lot of Blues were at one point, 'typical City' is now sitting in a heap wondering what the fuck happened there? Let's hope it never gets up again.
I've just had a 'like' for this post from twenty fucking twelve (2012).
Could this be a record?
Either it's computer skullduggery or @Kirkstall Blue has just made my day..

Love this video from the Waldorf. We went in there about 9pm after visiting various other hostelries on the way back from the stadium. It was like a war zone. I met a mate just outside the door and he was lying on the floor with his back to the pub wall but still just able to talk. But the pub had literally been drunk dry and was just selling soft drinks. No beer left, no wine, all the spirits optics empty. Never seen anything like it. The people left in there were shellshocked by what had happened.
I was in there a couple of hours before kick off and stayed til I decided to dance up and down London Rd. Brutal.

No matter which football club you support you will never ever experience the dark, dark depression of entering the last 2 minutes of the QPR game 2.1 down and then the incredible high of scoring the winner in the 93rd minute to beat our city rivals to the title. Totally surreal, unbelievable and never to be repeated. But then again I thought that about Gillingham.
This really is tremendous club to support, with fans that love the club for what they are not for being the most glamorous and successful club not just in Manchester but the world.
I have unbelievable respect for all blues, coz it was so much easier in days gone by to be a red. Not any more though, the future is BLUE.
May the roller coaster ride continue. We thrive on the downs as well as the ups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.