The damned united.

Clough was an amazing motivator of players but the role that Peter Taylor played in actually building the teams is often overlooked. Saying that, to do what they did twice will never be surpassed.

Maybe so, but I get more out if it than it takes from me.

You might think you do.

Ultimately it'll take more than it can ever give, you're on a greasy slide and at the bottom you're fecked.

Do us all a favour and get some help. You're a very popular poster and much loved character on here. You don't need a ton of drink to feel great, you are that already bud.

Shit it when someone bigger than him took exception to him though...

Bremner.jpg

That was on MacKay's return from a broken leg, IIRC, and the dirty bastards were trying to badly injure it again.

Clough was an amazing motivator of players but the role that Peter Taylor played in actually building the teams is often overlooked. Saying that, to do what they did twice will never be surpassed.

Taylor was the talent-spotter. He would watch players and bring suggestions to Clough, who would then speak to them and persuade them to join him.

You might think you do.

Ultimately it'll take more than it can ever give, you're on a greasy slide and at the bottom you're fecked.

Do us all a favour and get some help. You're a very popular poster and much loved character on here. You don't need a ton of drink to feel great, you are that already bud.
That’s very kind if you to say, but I’m happy with my drinking and I don’t believe I’m on a greasy slide. My life has never been better. If I was being honest I would say I’m a functioning alcoholic, but I never drink and drive, I never allow it to get in the way of my work and family commitments, I never feel I can’t function without it, I don’t need it to have a good time, and if I feel I’m drinking too much I stop for a period. That doesn’t mean I’m in full control of my drinking, but it doesn’t mean I have to ‘get help’ either. I hugely enjoy drinking and moments of self-reflection and regret around my drinking are extremely rare. It may very well cut my life span down, but that’s a risk I’m willing to take. Not every person with a drink problem leads an unhappy life.

The Leeds side of the 60s and 70s were the most despicable team I watched. They played football with a snarl and underachieved in terms of trophies. They were good players no doubt but they represented anti-football. They were partially to blame for the virtual demise of football as entertainment which followed their brief period at the top. Clough was right to call them cheats.
They were cheats and Don Revie was a hateful individual, worse even than Peg. Clough's teams were a breath of fresh air. We had many tussles with them and mostly came off second best. They were probably the best English side I have seen till this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.