The damned united.

Never heard that much about Clarke, but Giles was well knowen for being a sly fucker. With the likes of Bremner, Hunter, Madeley, Cooper, Reaney etc, it was upfront and "in your face". Giles was a sneaky fucker who would do you off the ball.
Yeah, i saw Clarke do it several times (his speciality was the back kick), but not as bad as Giles who, of course, was a rag.

We were the best side by a mile in 1972 the year Derby won it no idea how we fell away. Bloody Gordon Banks playing out of his skin when Stoke beat us 2-1 at Maine Road helped.
The signing of one Mr R Marsh is often cited as THE reason we fell away in march/april of that season.

That’s very kind if you to say, but I’m happy with my drinking and I don’t believe I’m on a greasy slide. My life has never been better. If I was being honest I would say I’m a functioning alcoholic, but I never drink and drive, I never allow it to get in the way of my work and family commitments, I never feel I can’t function without it, I don’t need it to have a good time, and if I feel I’m drinking too much I stop for a period. That doesn’t mean I’m in full control of my drinking, but it doesn’t mean I have to ‘get help’ either. I hugely enjoy drinking and moments of self-reflection and regret around my drinking are extremely rare. It may very well cut my life span down, but that’s a risk I’m willing to take. Not every person with a drink problem leads an unhappy life.

I'm glad you've got it in control, but be aware, it'll bite your bum one day. Good luck mate, if you need to talk.

The film is entertaining but riddled with inaccuracies. Clough's family also objected to certain sections, notably where he hides under the stand as Derby beat Leeds and where he begs on his knees to Taylor for forgiveness.

Like many biopics the truth is distorted, stretched and elaborated- the problem is these are the versions of the 'truth' which get lodged in the minds of the viewers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.