The Damned

Gaudino said:
tonea2003 said:
not as musically adept as the pistols or the clash

Well Pink sodding Floyd were more 'musically adept' than either of those two! The whole point and ethic of early punk as I remember it was that musical 'adeptness' or talent didn't matter. It was all about attitude, maaan!! ; )

By the way, Scabies by the way has long gone....all the vitirol and slagging goes Sensible's way nowadays at a Damned gig....good that they still going, and still have it after so many fell by the wayside.

Anyone for US punk? Not muppets like Green Day (as Punk as Tom Robinson Band were in the 70's) but bands like Black Flag, Bad Brains, Flipper, and Dead Kennedys? Or the band that Nirvana royally ripped lock stock and barrel: Husker Du?
love the dead kennedys . mtv get of the air ,halloween and life sentence is are my personal favs

Gaudino said:
tonea2003 said:
not as musically adept as the pistols or the clash

Well Pink sodding Floyd were more 'musically adept' than either of those two! The whole point and ethic of early punk as I remember it was that musical 'adeptness' or talent didn't matter. It was all about attitude, maaan!! ; )

think you may have misunderstood me a little there, i'm not saying the pistols nor the clash were virtuoso's not by a long shot, although steve jones guitar playing on bollocks is vastly underated.

i was actually saying the dammed were closest to what you were saying, in that talent didn't matter, more just getting out there and giving it a go

as for us bands, really like bad religion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.