The Danbury Trashers a defunct UHL ice hockey team

better dead than red

A mate of mine at work was telling me about a documentary he recently watched on Netflix. It is a story about a minor league hockey team owned by a mafia member. The mafia guy purchased the team and let his seventeen year old son be the chairman.

I haven't seen the film yet but have been reading this article. It is like professional wrestling was melded with hockey.

Watched this on Netflix, brilliant story - if it was a film you'd say it was too far fetched.

A mate of mine at work was telling me about a documentary he recently watched on Netflix. It is a story about a minor league hockey team owned by a mafia member. The mafia guy purchased the team and let his seventeen year old son be the chairman.

I haven't seen the film yet but have been reading this article. It is like professional wrestling was melded with hockey.

A heads up for anyone trying to find this. It's listed under "untold crime and penalties".

Watched this a few weeks ago. Batshit crazy but was gutted when it ended. The guy who fought. Mental.
They’re all good though. The boxing one. Unbelievable. The basketball one hilarious.

bizarrely I thought the Bruce/Kaitlyn Jenner one was the most humble.

If you like that one try 'The Battered Bastards of Baseball' on Netflix.

It's about the Portland Mavericks in the 70's, and how an actor Bing Russell (Kurt's old man) bought them and then assembled the biggest load of baseball misfits going and started beating the MLB affiliated teams around them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.