The death of VAR

With one person - the ref we had a small chance of a small amount of bias towards their favourite team.
I think those chances increase when MORE people are brought into the decision making process.

IMO VAR is the problem, not the rules, there will always be an 'interpretation' of the rules. And it should be ONE person making those decisions.
Unconscious bias certainly has an effect on the decision making process, but that penalty last night wasn't that.

It was a blatant disregard for the evidence that was before their eyes. EVERYBODY saw it.

Unconscious bias certainly has an effect on the decision making process, but that penalty last night wasn't that.

It was a blatant disregard for the evidence that was before their eyes. EVERYBODY saw it.

This is the bit that confuses me. I can understand that some are questionable, but last night it was obvious from the slow mo that Fernandes had put his foot on the defender and then fallen over, and the defender hadn't done anything significant.
It's the ones where there is no grey area that bring the system down, a bit like that no-goal for SheffU a few weeks back when VAR didn't overrule goalline tech.

This is the bit that confuses me. I can understand that some are questionable, but last night it was obvious from the slow mo that Fernandes had put his foot on the defender and then fallen over, and the defender hadn't done anything significant.
It's the ones where there is no grey area that bring the system down, a bit like that no-goal for SheffU a few weeks back when VAR didn't overrule goalline tech.
The defender just stood his ground and Fernandes pretended to try and flick it round him, then when down like he'd been shot after raking his studs down the defenders shin.

Embarrassing all round.

VAR is only shit because of the way the Premier League have used it. VAR should be there to draw the attention of the on field referee if VAR feel a mistake has been made. The referee should then view the incident on the pitch side monitor. The shoddy way it was implemented in this country meant it has been used by referees to cover the backs of their mates. Fortunately FIFA are now going to make sure it is uses properly in all associations.

Amazing how the season before VAR came in Liverpool was getting ridiculous decisions in their favour to keep up with us.

They then brought it in the next season but conveniently the system is used differently than the rest of Europe and they also don't have refs going to the monitor.

First year with it being used, Liverpool have got their trophy and United may well be back in the Champions League

Amazing how the season before VAR came in Liverpool was getting ridiculous decisions in their favour to keep up with us.

They then brought it in the next season but conveniently the system is used differently than the rest of Europe and they also don't have refs going to the monitor.

First year with it being used, Liverpool have got their trophy and United may well be back in the Champions League
This is NOT a coincidence.

Olly said ..."
His Manchester United counterpart, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, disagreed.

"I think it's a penalty. The boy sticks out his leg, Fernandes does a fantastic Zidane, Maradona turn and he lands on him," he said

Lol it's the defenders fault !
Yes he is a complete and utter buffoon if he really does think that was a penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.