The death of VAR

For me part of the problem is also the inconsistency in the way the rules are being applied. I mentioned the Trent Arnold handball at Anfield which directly lead to them scoring. An incident where a handball resulted in a goal being scored which would in all likleyhood not have happened if the handball had not occurred. Yesterday Foden is fouled and falls to the ground and the ball brushes his arm but the slight contact clearly has no influence on the direction or outcome and it is ruled handball and the goal disallowed. Its beyond comprehension that one handball is deemed acceptable and the other not. Firstly its down to the incompetency of the officials, there is clearly no accountability either so they think they are doing a good job when clearly they are not. How PL managers retain their calm I have no idea. Why there isn't a mass compliant and a downing of tools by the participants until the standard is raised I have no idea.

It wasn’t giving the handball that annoyed me, ‘cos it was handball under these stupid rules, but, Foden was clearly fouled at the same time. So, if the ref has played advantage why didn’t he bring it back for a foul under the 10 seconds no advantage process?

Or, have they changed that rule for teams playing in light blue?
Moura was clearly fouled too

Simple rule change. "It shall not be deemed handball if there was no clear intention to gain advantage from the use of arm or hand"
Job done

For me part of the problem is also the inconsistency in the way the rules are being applied. I mentioned the Trent Arnold handball at Anfield which directly lead to them scoring. An incident where a handball resulted in a goal being scored which would in all likleyhood not have happened if the handball had not occurred. Yesterday Foden is fouled and falls to the ground and the ball brushes his arm but the slight contact clearly has no influence on the direction or outcome and it is ruled handball and the goal disallowed. Its beyond comprehension that one handball is deemed acceptable and the other not. Firstly its down to the incompetency of the officials, there is clearly no accountability either so they think they are doing a good job when clearly they are not. How PL managers retain their calm I have no idea. Why there isn't a mass compliant and a downing of tools by the participants until the standard is raised I have no idea.
Agree with all of this and in particular, the lack on consistency in its application.

The game has been ruined by the introduction of dubious decisions made by hidden faces. The ref is no longer in charge

Agree with all of this and in particular, the lack on consistency in its application.

The game has been ruined by the introduction of dubious decisions made by hidden faces. The ref is no longer in charge
You are 100% right Mosssideblue. And the fact that the ref is no longer in charge means there is even less transparency and accountability.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.