the differance a world class star would make.

rick1894citizen

If we can get a villa or kaka type star to go with rob, then imo it will make a huge difference not just the fact that we need a striker ( villa ) but the players who are in les's plans will be given a huge lift ( which is obviously needed. )
It will give everyone at the club from the players all the way through to the fans a lot more belief that we can entice these winners to our club and therefore start to instill that winning mentality that is missing ( im 24 so have never had a winning mentality regarding city, i have always been optomistic ( deluded even ) and my heart has always felt we could do something but before the takeover i couldn't of even dreamed we would be linked with these players, nevermind actually sign them.)
As other's have mentioned i really believe another big signing would get the ball rolling rapidly in regards to getting are other targets like a box to box midfielder and atleast 1 centre back, so although i can understand people thinking signing the likes of bellend, parker and upson are the way to go and admittedly they would be an improvement on some of our players, do you really think our owners would be happy signing a few average players to an already average squad.

Keep the faith, good time's are coming!

p.s. Take it easy on me, it's my first thread on here ;)

We are the second highest scorers but we never do anything away from home - because we have no leadership on the pitch and no presence in midfield - as Hughes knows - don't know much about Kaka but its a Gatusso type would be much more useful ie that Senna bloke

im with you there mate i jus think the whole club needs a facelift at least 5 players and a world class one included we dont want players like bellamy and parker who imo jus the same as vassell and fernanades if we aint got a quality striker in for pompy nxt weekend then sturridge has got to play up top but now were gunna lack true pace in side without swp i think we need to look at that not bad post for 1st time

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Huh? Don't we have Robinho?

i said to go with rob?? yes are defense is shocking at moment ( richards mainly imo ) and villa/ kaka are not going to resolve this but if we can land a player of this calibre we will have a much better chance of getting the toure's, senna's or looking higher than that chiellini's and cambiasso's as it will be clear to all in world football are owners are serious!
where as if we get bellend and parker then will any other player's take are plans to become a "big 4" team seriously.

rick1894citizen said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Huh? Don't we have Robinho?

i said to go with rob?? yes are defense is shocking at moment ( richards mainly imo ) and villa/ kaka are not going to resolve this but if we can land a player of this calibre we will have a much better chance of getting the toure's, senna's or looking higher than that chiellini's and cambiasso's as it will be clear to all in world football are owners are serious!
where as if we get bellend and parker then will any other player's take are plans to become a "big 4" team seriously.

I like Parker and I think he'll make a good addition to our squad....so long as he stays clear of injury.

Might make little difference if we do not have all the players working as a TEAM, supporting each other.

RobbieBrewer said:
halv said:
We are the second highest scorers but we never do anything away from home - because we have no leadership on the pitch and no presence in midfield - as Hughes knows - don't know much about Kaka but its a Gatusso type would be much more useful ie that Senna bloke

Gattuso is excatly the bloke I thought of when I saw this thread.
A total leader that would command respect in the dressing room.

agree on gattusso but he is out for the rest of season so no point buying him till the summer, senna would be a good short term fix for a couple of years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.