The difference between a City fan and a United fan?

The big thing for me was when United fans used to talk to me and I'd try and have a reasonable conversation about football - of any kind, from City/United to Alty/Droylsden or any players from any league in the world - it used to end up in a 'take the piss out of City in some way' rant from them.

Over the last three or four years I've tried to whittled it down the reasonable ones amongst them that I can talk to about footy. You know how many I whittled it down to? ZERO!

I don't know of any Rag who can just sit and talk about the pro's and con's of footy, the way it's run, who it's run by, leagues, players, managers, fans...without them getting dirty digs in there about how shit City are. I don't mind a bit of banter; but they aren't bantering, they're complete cunts! They actually don't have the personality to bother to converse with.

Everyone else is shit or a joke to them. They can't see qualities in anything bar them. When they lose it's always the refs fault or there's a conspiracy against them. When they lose they are nowhere to be seen. When they win they rub it in the faces of people in a snide and pathetic way. But it's not banter. I can take banter. Anyone I know from other clubs can banter away and it's a bit of a laugh. With the Rags I just want to smash their face in!

A few years ago I stopped conversing with Rags. Anything they say now I just look at them as if to say "who the fuck are you talking to", straight in the eye with a cold straight face. It's got to the point where they don't bother trying to talk to me now.

Great post that, Fulabeer.

Much of the press and TV pundits have tried to whip up hatred against us and they are failing because of our humour and humility and becuase of teh rags lack of humility, nastiness and arrogance (club and supporters)
:
Heard so many Arsenal and Liverpool fans say they'd rather we win the League than them.

The day after our 6-1 win over rags a Sheff Weds fan stopped me in the street (I was wearing a City scarf where I work in Sheff) and said "I'm so glad you beat THEM".

A Sheff Utd fan said to me last week they'd rather we win the league than the rags. Some of them hate them too because rags think they have a monopoly on the word "U****d" with their "U****d this...U****d that..."

Yesterday another Sheffield Wednesday supporter struck up conversation with me the other day over a cup of tea. he said “great results for you last night. Hope you win it. I hate Man U”

I asked him why? After all, how can anyone POSSIBLY hate Manchester United?

“They bully referees. Ferguson in particular. I don’t like their attitude” and then he paused. “They don’t play good football.”

The recurring theme also is that fans of other clubs tend to say though how arrogant United fans and their players are.

That's the difference between us and them.

whyalwaysLee said:
Posts about the rags on the home page of Bluemoon at 1030 am = 9

Posts about City on home page of Ragcafe at 1030 am = 1

If the rags didn't exist, this forum would be empty. Pam would be rolling around in a pink room full of kittens. Lovecity would be a formula 1 car driver, and Ban-mcfc would be trotting down canal street arm in arm with his boyfriends.

i do that anyway.

United fan after a win: "Time to wind-up City/Arsenal/Chelsea fans!"

City fan after a win: "Time to celebrate and be happy!"

Out of all my red mates there's about 2 I can have a general conversation with, there's another but he's only alright when he's the only red there (shit house). Another thing that winds me up the only banter they mostly come out with is something to do with our fan base, hardly ever the team anymore. They have the cheek to talk about attendence's their never apart of and call our attendence's to blue's who turn up. And for some reason our stadium is empty even though we get 47,000 every week, they also say 'all your fans are from Stockport' to people who they know arn't, that's just plain stupid.

Not being funny I'd rather have a stadium full of people from Stockport, Greater MANCHESTER, than have people from not from the same continent.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Out of all my red mates there's about 2 I can have a general conversation with, there's another but he's only alright when he's the only red there (shit house). Another thing that winds me up the only banter they mostly come out with is something to do with our fan base, hardly ever the team anymore. They have the cheek to talk about attendence's their never apart of and call our attendence's to blue's who turn up. And for some reason our stadium is empty even though we get 47,000 every week, they also say 'all your fans are from Stockport' to people who they know arn't, that's just plain stupid.

Not being funny I'd rather have a stadium full of people from Stockport, Greater MANCHESTER, than have people from not from the same continent.

I'm not going to take that last statement as in any way prejudiced, ok. i take it you don't mind people of different races supporting City.

I say that as my late Dad was from India, loved football, and took me to Manchester City when I was a teenager and I was hooked. I am forever grateful to him, and still was even when i was at York in Dec 1998!

whyalwaysLee said:
Posts about the rags on the home page of Bluemoon at 1030 am = 9

Posts about City on home page of Ragcafe at 1030 am = 1

If the rags didn't exist, this forum would be empty. Pam would be rolling around in a pink room full of kittens. Lovecity would be a formula 1 car driver, and Ban-mcfc would be trotting down canal street arm in arm with his boyfriends.

calvin-klein-obsession-for-men-after-shave-by-calvin-klein.jpg

Agree with the OP.I will always talk to fans of other clubs and I respect them as football fans.For some reason,maybe because of the lemming theory,I just swtch off when I find out they support utd.We had some German lads working for us this autumn and one actually played for Werder Bremen but had to pack it in due to back injury,great guy but he had no time for utd as do a lot of the Bosch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.