The difference between Man City and Real Madrid?

Blue Mooner said:
jrb said:
I'm not comparing.

I'm saying that sacking managers does bring success. Real Madrid are the proof. The directors and the fans of Real Madrid expect success. Nothing more, nothing less. If the manager isnt successful, he is sacked. The new manager instantly knows where the benchmark is and he knows what is expected. So do the players. That winning mentallity comes down from the boardroom, on to the terraces and ultimately on to the pitch.

No, having money brings success, would sacking the manager every six months achieved anything if they had had f*ck all money to spend.

I would rather we build success in the Man U/Arsenal way than the Real Madrid way although both options require money which is fortnately what we have got :-)

I can't believe there are so many miserable f*ckers on here when David Villa's agent was at the game yesterday. Time for a reality check I think, some people are just getting too hung up on the Hughes thing.

Note what I wrote.

When we find/sign a manager who has won things, is tactically astute and can attract worldclass players becuase they know his name and want to play for him, and when the said manager starts produceing a city team that is at least capable of being consistent, finishing in the top 6/4, gets to finals and win trophies, then we keep him. Until that time we will continue along the road of mediocrity, bordering on a shambles, espcially with hughes in charge.

What do you want. Mark hughes for another seaosn or two or a worldclass manager, who knows what he is doing?

I've been waiting 30 fucking years for some consistency and I don't mean losing, relegation fights and relegation. I'd like to see us win a trophy before I die. Is mark Hughes the manager capable of doing that? Is he f***!

jrb said:
Blue Mooner said:
No, having money brings success, would sacking the manager every six months achieved anything if they had had f*ck all money to spend.

I would rather we build success in the Man U/Arsenal way than the Real Madrid way although both options require money which is fortnately what we have got :-)

I can't believe there are so many miserable f*ckers on here when David Villa's agent was at the game yesterday. Time for a reality check I think, some people are just getting too hung up on the Hughes thing.

Note what I wrote.

When we find/sign a manager who has won things, is tactically astute and can attract worldclass players becuase they know his name and want to play for him, and when the said manager starts produceing a city team that is at least capable of being consistent, finishing in the top 6/4, gets to finals and win trophies, then we keep him. Until that time we will continue along the road of mediocrity, bordering on a shambles, espcially with hughes in charge.

What do you want. Mark hughes for another seaosn or two or a worldclass manager, who knows what he is doing?

I've been waiting 30 fucking years for some constancy and I don't mean losing, relegation fights and relegation. I'd like to see us win a trophy before I die. Is mark Hughes the manager capable of doing that? Is he f***!

The answer to that question is none of us know, he's not had the chance to build his won team.

Forget the circa £50 million he has spent as that equates to 4 players and we need a lot more than 4 players to turn this squad into a champions league challenging team.

jrb said:
Blue Mooner said:

Note what I wrote.

I've been waiting 30 fucking years for some consistency and I don't mean losing, relegation fights and relegation. I'd like to see us win a trophy before I die. Is mark Hughes the manager capable of doing that? Is he f***!

The fact is that none of us can answer that question.

Forget the circa £50 million he has spent on 4 players as this team needs a lot more than 4 players to transform this team into a squad capable of challenging for the Champions league.

If we give him the chance to build his own team we may be in a better position to say.

There is no comparison and we are not getting any closer to allowing one to be made.

Unbelievable! We suddenly get money and some supporters expect us to be overnight world beaters. This is the real world, it doesn't happen like that. Granted Hughes tactics and selections have been baffling but his buys so far have been good. Lets see who come in this window.
His tactics yesterday wern't good but surely the calibre of players on the pitch should have done better, at least good enough to beat Forrest.
The players let themselves, the club and more importantly, the supporters down big time. They need to have a hard look at themselves today!

Sacking managers all the time when you already have a squad of world class players is different to sacking managers all the time when you have....vassell

FFS they've been buying the cream for over 50 years, get a grip

BimboBob said:
You missed out the weather.

"Hello Mr Star Player,we can offer you two deals.One is 100k a week playing for a team in the Prem but it always rains there,the other is 100k a week with loads of bikini girls dancing and shit, thrown in".

Have you ever been to Madrid in winter?

City Raider said:
Sacking managers all the time when you already have a squad of world class players is different to sacking managers all the time when you have....vassell

FFS they've been buying the cream for over 50 years, get a grip
You mean Vassell isn't world class! ha ha. Good point though I agree with you

Ducado said:
BimboBob said:
You missed out the weather.

"Hello Mr Star Player,we can offer you two deals.One is 100k a week playing for a team in the Prem but it always rains there,the other is 100k a week with loads of bikini girls dancing and shit, thrown in".

Have you ever been to Madrid in winter?

Is that a trick question?That sounds a lot like spy talk.Am i supposed to answer with"no,but the swallows are heading east at this time of year"?

I'm going to have to keep a very close watch on you from now on,and if any of my secrets go public i shall know who to blame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.