The Domestic Cups.

I'm in my mid 50s and at my peak 80s90s where I would have given a arm to see my team pick up a trophy.
I personally am proud that as a club we play to win everything we enter.
So 100% keep going
I'm with you all the way. I'm in my 50s too and the highlight for me, prior to the takeover, was a League Cup QF.
The lack of respect we got for winning the domestic treble (quad with the Community Shield) was unbelievable, especially when you factor in we got 98 points as well.

I don’t want us to “throw” the Carabao Cup but I want us to win it with the best kids we have featuring heavily. Palmer, Delap, Doyle, with Foden playing alongside them as their inspiration. Playing those 3 with a senior side is not throwing it in my eyes. They are good enough.
Yep, use a few more seniors at semi & final stages if we're there (and it's deemed necessary), with the kids on the bench. I've no idea what the subs rule is for the cups this season mind.

I'm in my mid 50s and at my peak 80s90s where I would have given a arm to see my team pick up a trophy.
I personally am proud that as a club we play to win everything we enter.
So 100% keep going
I suspect the OP is in his early 20's and cannot, as you have put yourself, grasp the importance of and the elated satisfaction any trophy win brings to generations of older blues.

Nothing will ever remove my memory of Tueart's goal in 76 and I will forever remember, what may well be the last game I ever attend live, the win v Villa back in March. To think that any manager could sacrifice such opportunities to merely put all your eggs in the precarious basket of PL success is worrying and I'm so grateful Pep has never done this.

Some small section of our fans have had a stiffy over abandoning the cups for years now. How about no?

A season where we win the FA Cup/League Cup or if we are lucky both, is an exceptional season. Once Pep finally leaves we’d be extraordinarily lucky to have a season where we win both.

I hate threads like this.

Raggish,and entitled.

I remember going to watch the Full Members Cup between City,and Chelsea.

Was just happy to visit Wembley.

Never forget where we have come from.And those depressing barren years.

Every Trophy is a piece of Silver,a memory.

It's odd to start a thread like this, at the very point where, for the first time in ages, we have the full complement of players and no long-term injuries. Not to mention a bunch of good young 'uns coming through. We definitely have the resources to go for everything.
Apart from the hundred points, we have done something that has never been done to date in the history of English football: winning all three domestic trophies. It was nice, wasn't it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.