The Domestic Cups.

I want us to compete on all fronts all the time. Lucky for us, we have the strength in depth to do it for the most part if you include the sprogs - I would love to see more appearances for the likes of Doyle, THB et al.
But Pep said this 2 days ago.

Man City players are losing the joy of football, says Pep Guardiola​

Does this not concern you ?

Why don't they think outside the box with regards to the League Cup? Make the first round an all Premier League affair. Wait until the Premier League fixtures are published then do the League Cup draw and say, for instance, we are drawn against Everton, the first time we play Everton in the league is also classed as the first round of the League Cup thus killing two birds with the same stone. The same could be done for the other leagues. Gets rid of half the teams in one fell swoop without the need for an extra cup game. It'll be dead exciting. The second round draw can then proceed after Christmas as normal.

I'd like us to win every trophy we can but the domestic cups are an opportunity for a few of our promising youngsters to get some valuable game time, especially in the early rounds. I'd start 2-3. Delap and Doyle, maybe Palmer. Braaf and THB should also get valuable minutes and not just a 5 minute cameo when the game is already won.

Very few things as good than picking up silverware. It is incredible what we've seen. 5 league cups in 7 years. I mean, do what?

Why don't they think outside the box with regards to the League Cup? Make the first round an all Premier League affair. Wait until the Premier League fixtures are published then do the League Cup draw and say, for instance, we are drawn against Everton, the first time we play Everton in the league is also classed as the first round of the League Cup thus killing two birds with the same stone. The same could be done for the other leagues. Gets rid of half the teams in one fell swoop without the need for an extra cup game. It'll be dead exciting. The second round draw can then proceed after Christmas as normal.
This isn't the local Pub Sunday league where there aren't enough pitches and no floodlights so we have to come up with something different to accommodate the fixtures. Its professional football. The most watched spectator sport in the world and this is the league with most interest in the world. I have said this before and will continue to say it. Those people that disrespect the League Cup as incidental are glory hunters to a man who have forgotten where we were or didn't support us at the time we were sh1te. I haven't missed a League Cup final or semi-final since 1976 (when I was too young) and never will (apart from this year if Covid doesn't let us go to the games)

Like a few on here 'cracking on a bit'(mid fifties!!)
Fond memories of the League Cup as I was there in 76 and for years felt myself very fortunate that I'd seen us actually win a trophy.
First visit to new Wembley was Chelsea lge cup final, not a great game but still felt great seeing City win at Wembley(we love a shoot out there don't we!)
Don't feel we can turn out noses up at Winning any pot. It used to really frustrate me when the likes of Wimbledon, Brum, Oxford and even bloody Luton won a cup and we couldn't!
The likes of Newcastle and West Ham fans must feel how we used to (both gone longer than we did trophy less!) Everton and Villa have also won sod all for years!
Perhaps being a bit hypocritical here I have to confess though to not watching all of the Watford FA Cup final on the box as I had to leave for a gig (we were about 4 or 5 up at the time) The thought of doing that in the 80s/90s would have horrified me!!

Like a few on here 'cracking on a bit'(mid fifties!!)
Fond memories of the League Cup as I was there in 76 and for years felt myself very fortunate that I'd seen us actually win a trophy.
First visit to new Wembley was Chelsea lge cup final, not a great game but still felt great seeing City win at Wembley(we love a shoot out there don't we!)
Don't feel we can turn out noses up at Winning any pot. It used to really frustrate me when the likes of Wimbledon, Brum, Oxford and even bloody Luton won a cup and we couldn't!
The likes of Newcastle and West Ham fans must feel how we used to (both gone longer than we did trophy less!) Everton and Villa have also won sod all for years!
Perhaps being a bit hypocritical here I have to confess though to not watching all of the Watford FA Cup final on the box as I had to leave for a gig (we were about 4 or 5 up at the time) The thought of doing that in the 80s/90s would have horrified me!!
Never ever dont try to win every trophy.My 1st year was 76.I thought it would be every year or every 2.As the years wore on i yearned just to get to a final Spurs and Chelsea in the fa cup and fmc were it to 2011.I treat every trophy we win like its the last one.By even contemplating not trying you disrespect the fans of other clubs who would love to be in our posistion just once to see thier
team win just once and vindicate the time money and effort they put in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.