the EDS lads first team squad

ancoats

how many should we blood in the summer into the first team squad I think the club are looking to 5 to 7 new young lads having a first team squad number and playing not just making up the numbers

who are the 1s to watch out for other than Marcos Lopes who in my book should play right now and been in the first team squad

Really starting to come round to the idea that only players that are coming up through the ranks of the club, rather than being bought as inflated ego ready made types from other clubs, can show the desire and passion we are so evidently lacking!

Yes, there will be mistakes along the way, but they will still be trying to prove themselves and therefore buy into the philosophy of hard work by the team pays rewards for the group.

Last night was dire and difficult to swallow when you see players from a team at the bottom of the league, out fight and then, out play supposed superstars. I must say that Salmon ran Kompany ragged and the Ginger haired fella (name escapes) completely ran the midfield!

The thing is that this is becoming the norm. In the last month alone (Sunderland, Wigan,Southampton), teams with youth, vigour and deflated pay cheques have come here and played us of the park through hard work and team work, which I started by saying that I believe can only now be combatted through bringing our own youth players through!

Some good players in the EDS, however if you look at the EDS forum (and I'm in agreement) there's not many, if any at all, should be near the first team squad just now.

Sorry but if 6 or so of our current EDS boys join the 1st team squad next year and "play a lot" then I would fear that we would not be competing for much in the season.They aren't good enough yet to replace what we currently have or to be used instead of new new players that we will be targeting to bring in.

Sounds great to bring them in but suicidal if we think they will take us to glory.

strongbowholic said:
Some good players in the EDS, however if you look at the EDS forum (and I'm in agreement) there's not many, if any at all, should be near the first team squad just now.

What they lack in ability will be made up for by desire and fight. This whole idea that none of them are anywhere near good enough is complete bullshit that's dished out for us to swallow. Nobody can convince me that we haven't got better options than Rodwell (Fofana) and that Devante Cole would have be less of a threat than an out of form Negredo! Not to mention Lopez.

We really need to stop believing this idea that our best interests as a club are served by buying ready made passionless money grabbers and get these young guns in. We only have to look at how we've let the likes of Guidetti wither on the vine to realise our current philosophy is bollocks!

MaineRoadBlue said:
strongbowholic said:

What they lack in ability will be made up for by desire and fight. This whole idea that none of them are anywhere near good enough is complete bullshit that's dished out for us to swallow. Nobody can convince me that we haven't got better options than Rodwell (Fofana) and that Devante Cole would have be less of a threat than an out of form Negredo! Not to mention Lopez.

We really need to stop believing this idea that our best interests as a club are served by buying ready made passionless money grabbers and get these young guns in. We only have to look at how we've let the likes of Guidetti wither on the vine to realise our current philosophy is bollocks!
I've not said anywhere that we should be "...buying ready made passionless money grabbers..."

All I've said is that looking at the EDS games there are none ready for a 1st team berth in the Premier League yet.

Lopes is a great prospect, as is Fofana, but their youthful limitations would be exposed right now, imho.

MaineRoadBlue said:
strongbowholic said:

Ah, the James Milner theory.

strongbowholic said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
strongbowholic said:

I've not said anywhere that we should be "...buying ready made passionless money grabbers..."

All I've said is that looking at the EDS games there are none ready for a 1st team berth in the Premier League yet.

Lopes is a great prospect, as is Fofana, but their youthful limitations would be exposed right now, imho.

That's all spot on.No doubt at all that somebody could come into the squad if they are just to warm the bench.Lopes is the one who might be given some more chances but I don't believe he is a better option than Silva or Nasri or even Navas or Milner.He probably has more attacking flair than say Rodwell but I wouldn't say he is a better option right at this moment.

Fofana may turn out to be a top player but not yet.The one interesting comparison is suggesting Cole would be better option than Negredo. He has to be but then again anybody would be the way Negredo is playing at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.