the EDS lads first team squad

MaineRoadBlue said:
strongbowholic said:
Some good players in the EDS, however if you look at the EDS forum (and I'm in agreement) there's not many, if any at all, should be near the first team squad just now.

What they lack in ability will be made up for by desire and fight. This whole idea that none of them are anywhere near good enough is complete bullshit that's dished out for us to swallow. Nobody can convince me that we haven't got better options than Rodwell (Fofana) and that Devante Cole would have be less of a threat than an out of form Negredo! Not to mention Lopez.

We really need to stop believing this idea that our best interests as a club are served by buying ready made passionless money grabbers and get these young guns in. We only have to look at how we've let the likes of Guidetti wither on the vine to realise our current philosophy is bollocks!

spot on matey

they would fight for that badge and shirt giving your all is sometimes better than a so called superstar having a bad run and its something special seeing a young lad giving is best for the shirt

I will say it fergie and united are what springs to mind with that class of 1992
you have to give them a chance and what better than the pressure of the premier league

In that case then, I should get a game as I'd die for the shirt.

We'd lose comprehensively every week, but I'd die for the shirt nonetheless.

strongbowholic said:

they have the ability to play at the top level but need to get the chance first and not just 1 game but a run in the first team they will grow up very fast and then the next thing they are the first name on the team sheet

strongbowholic said:

Correct. I see the crap from the main forum has sidled into the EDS section too, Cole over Negredo for christs sake.

ColinLee said:
strongbowholic said:

Correct. I see the crap from the main forum has sidled into the EDS section too, Cole over Negredo for christs sake.

Ah! The play on your laurels brigade! Facts are currently Negredo could hit a cow's backside with a banjo. Add to this that Cole is quicker with more running then I say yes for sure.

In short its all about what they offer currently, not as some think what they done in the autumn. For instance, last November there wouldn't be a sane man to be found that could rate Connor Wickham as a better forward than Negredo, last night and based on current form the opposite is true.

Sadly I just don't see it happening, to much expectation and pressure on the club to win things.

Watched six or seven EDS games this season, don't see any world beaters but there is definitely some good talent. Denayer, Drury, Lopes, Byrne, Cole etc all look decent players. However I have no doubts in the summer we will spend yet another 100 million and then what chance do these players have off breaking through apart from the odd cup game?

Having said that it is kind of ironic that arguably two of our worst players this season are homegrown in Richards and Hart. Oh and dont forget Boyata as well he is wank.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.