The end of Dzeko

Here's my summary ['square root of nothing and all that'].

The owners were keen on getting an emerging European talent with a muslim background. The son of Sarajevo was a great fit.

Mancini could also the need for a big forward to complement the likes of Aguero, Tevez and Silva.

However, he was unproven in English football, which seems to have come as a physical shock to him.

Now more than a year has passed, he doesn't seem to be getting any better barring the old flicker and a goal. But he creates almost nothing for himself. His attitude is also questionable.

He only seemed happy when Kolarov arrived so he had someone to chat to in Serbo-Croat.

I was very excited when he signed but now I'm massively disappointed. However, as a young striker, he cannot be entirely to blamed, given the pressure on the club. Neither is he a fault for the .ba bully boys who does his cause no favours with their myopia.

It's just all a crying shame and I would be surprised if he was anywhere other than the Bundesleague come August. If so, good luck to him, as he's been through a lot in his life and, personally, I like him.

Seems like a really nice bloke, but don't think he's suited to the English game tbf.

Matty said:
JasminBosnia said:
Matty said:
It's a particular bug bear of mine, really riles me up.

Listen up! Prejudice, prejudice...

You are completely wrong about so called "Dzeko fans" . Edin attracted most of them (us) to start watching and supporting MCFC. I do not think there is a single rag from BiH posting here. I, personally, HATE the fooking scums and have never supported any other English club before. I stand behind Edin because I know what is he capable of. IMHO, RM does not handle him right way therefore Edin does not have a future here if RM stays.

Think twice before you post something similar in the future.
I thought about it, and I stand by absolutely every word I said.

When Dzeko goes will the majority of Bosnian's who support Dzeko stay as City fans? No. They will go and support whoever he signs for after City. You've said yourself that Edin attracted most of them to start watching and supporting City. If we sell him to, say, Juventus, he'll attract the same people to watch and support Juventus, because in reality they are not supporting his team, they are supporting him as a player. That's all well and good, but those fans should not then attack the club because Dzeko hasn't been played as often as they'd like. Fans of City, like fans of every other club, are fans of the club first and foremost, yes you'll have a favourite player, or you'll particularly like the occasional manager, but you're aware the players/staff are transitional, the club is permanent, and ultimately the club is where your loyalties lie. When someone whose loyalties lie with an individual rather than the club comes along and attacks the club you're going to feel the backlash. As for the rag hatred you profess, great, although that's got exactly the square root of nothing to do with anything I said.

Our national squad players are playing all over the Europe as we speak. The Clubs they are playing for are Sevilla Stoke MCFC Stuttgart Roma Lazio Hoffenheim etc. I do not think there are many posters on their forums even though we are talking about our heroes as well. I like them all as much as I like and support big Ed but will never visit read and post on their respective forums. Yes, Edin "brought" us here but I am here to support club who has a history and background as well. He is goalscoring machine when in form. He scored some very important goals since he signed in, i.e. Notts County and Blackburn last year and opener vs Swansea, 4 vs Spuds, sixth vs scum, Wigan away despite he does not suit the style of football in City. Can you imagine how many goals he would bag in if we play his strengths? You all must understand that English is not our mother language and sometimes some of us do not express ourselves the best possible way, especially after few drinks :) (wine, beer or shljivovitz-rakija-plum brandy talking lol).

P.S.
How do you handle those posters who call him "donkey" "wank" etc.? Do they get board warning?

P.S.2.
SWP back, You are spice in every soup indeed..

HazeM3 said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Dzeko proved tonight that he's a Donkey and looked clumsy every time he got the ball, get rid and get some money back. He is not suited to our game with his crap first touch.
you proved that you are donkey and ignorant **** by writing this. If you watched the game you should know that Mancini took out Kun, Silva, and Tevez and then Dzeko was up front by himself. What the fuck could you expected from him to do??? Oh, wait, Zab was also brought as a support, he should've definitely feed Dzeko for the whole 15 minutes he spent on the pitch.

Grow the fuck up.
Ha ha, you're a fucking joke my friend. Are your brains in a "Haze" If you could not see his lack of talent, technique or battling attitude tonight you don't know anything about football. Take your blinkers off or go and support somebody else, Dzeko is payed fantastic money to play football for City
not to amble around looking "uninterested" as you yourself quoted, idiot.

coleridge said:

The owners were keen on getting an emerging European talent with a muslim background. The son of Sarajevo was a great fit.

Mancini could also the need for a big forward to complement the likes of Aguero, Tevez and Silva.

However, he was unproven in English football, which seems to have come as a physical shock to him.

Now more than a year has passed, he doesn't seem to be getting any better barring the old flicker and a goal. But he creates almost nothing for himself. His attitude is also questionable.

He only seemed happy when Kolarov arrived so he had someone to chat to in Serbo-Croat.

I was very excited when he signed but now I'm massively disappointed. However, as a young striker, he cannot be entirely to blamed, given the pressure on the club. Neither is he a fault for the .ba bully boys who does his cause no favours with their myopia.

It's just all a crying shame and I would be surprised if he was anywhere other than the Bundesleague come August. If so, good luck to him, as he's been through a lot in his life and, personally, I like him.
your first point is conjecture, unless you back this up with evidence from the club
the second is inaccurate which makes me wonder if any of it is correct

squirtyflower said:
coleridge said:

your first point is conjecture, unless you back this up with evidence from the club
the second is inaccurate which makes me wonder if any of it is correct

there were muslims in the club before dzeko so this is pretty much bs

and as for kolarov comment, didn't kolarov arrive before dzeko?

JasminBosnia said:
P.S.
How do you handle those posters who call him "donkey" "wank" etc.? Do they get board warning?

P.S.2.
1) Why would they get a board warning for that?

2) Thanks

EaglesFan said:
Kun, Dzeko, and Balo worked their ASS off for this team to be where we are - and THEY DESERVED to finish the fucking season.

Roberto is such a clown...most fair-weather manager I've seen in my life, and probably the worst player manager in football.

You've got to be on the WUM there son?

123abcd said:
No question about it. He will not be a City player next season.

Sad story, never really got the chance to shine; despite that 18 goals in 40...or 41 appearances not bad so far especially keeping in mind that a lot of those appearances were for a few minutes at a time.

Best of luck, Ed!

Plus I do not think any were penalty's. He seems a decent guy hope he gets a few more for City in the run in. What was very obvious again WBA was the pace with Silva, Aguero, Tevez and Nasri. Keep that for the rest of the season if they are all fit.

JasminBosnia said:
Matty said:
JasminBosnia said:
Listen up! Prejudice, prejudice...

You are completely wrong about so called "Dzeko fans" . Edin attracted most of them (us) to start watching and supporting MCFC. I do not think there is a single rag from BiH posting here. I, personally, HATE the fooking scums and have never supported any other English club before. I stand behind Edin because I know what is he capable of. IMHO, RM does not handle him right way therefore Edin does not have a future here if RM stays.

Think twice before you post something similar in the future.
I thought about it, and I stand by absolutely every word I said.

When Dzeko goes will the majority of Bosnian's who support Dzeko stay as City fans? No. They will go and support whoever he signs for after City. You've said yourself that Edin attracted most of them to start watching and supporting City. If we sell him to, say, Juventus, he'll attract the same people to watch and support Juventus, because in reality they are not supporting his team, they are supporting him as a player. That's all well and good, but those fans should not then attack the club because Dzeko hasn't been played as often as they'd like. Fans of City, like fans of every other club, are fans of the club first and foremost, yes you'll have a favourite player, or you'll particularly like the occasional manager, but you're aware the players/staff are transitional, the club is permanent, and ultimately the club is where your loyalties lie. When someone whose loyalties lie with an individual rather than the club comes along and attacks the club you're going to feel the backlash. As for the rag hatred you profess, great, although that's got exactly the square root of nothing to do with anything I said.

Our national squad players are playing all over the Europe as we speak. The Clubs they are playing for are Sevilla Stoke MCFC Stuttgart Roma Lazio Hoffenheim etc. I do not think there are many posters on their forums even though we are talking about our heroes as well. I like them all as much as I like and support big Ed but will never visit read and post on their respective forums. Yes, Edin "brought" us here but I am here to support club who has a history and background as well. He is goalscoring machine when in form. He scored some very important goals since he signed in, i.e. Notts County and Blackburn last year and opener vs Swansea, 4 vs Spuds, sixth vs scum, Wigan away despite he does not suit the style of football in City. Can you imagine how many goals he would bag in if we play his strengths? You all must understand that English is not our mother language and sometimes some of us do not express ourselves the best possible way, especially after few drinks :) (wine, beer or shljivovitz-rakija-plum brandy talking lol).

P.S.

P.S.2.

You claim to be a supporter of City. Maybe you are. Maybe you aren't. The truth will out when Dzeko leaves City. What's for certain is there are a huge number of Bosnian fans who will clearly leave the club when Dzeko does.

P.S. - Calling Dzeko a donkey or wank is an opinion, it's accuracy is questionable, but the right to express the opinion is not. The same can be said of opinions on any player at City. You can't call a fellow board member wank however. Wishing City to go bankrupt afetr Dzeko leaves (as one Bosnian Dzeko supporter did) is not acceptable and will (in fact did) result in a ban.

P.S.2 - Err, ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.