The evolution of stuff

I had this discussion recently with my kids. Tea for example, how many bushes/shrubs were picked, dried and infused in hot water before they thought 'Hey this one is good' And how many people were poisoned ?

It’s a well known fact that up here back in the day, we didn’t have enough things or stuff that started fights. So, we decided to invent a drink, that if consumed enough, would lead to outbreaks of violence. It also helped us punch above our weight against all comers. And still does.

And you called it IRN Bru.

The Ancient Aliens from the heavens came and taught us such things. They needed a cuppa after travelling the cosmos to get here. The aliens who weren’t responsible for flying any spacecrafts had a few whiskeys. They brought the cannabaceae with them from their planet somewhere near Canis Majoris.

Who discovered that if you boil an artichoke for 40 minutes, peel off later after layer of inedible leaves you can eat the Centre.

Who thought up pole vaulting or ski jumping?

Cocktails came about from prohibition, bathtub gin tasted horrible so added flavouring keep it down.

So imagine all alcohol progression have been a taste thing.

Would like to know who invented golf.so can thank him for infuriating me weekly.

How does a potentially brainless salmon know when and which exact same river and then stream to swim up to spawn. Who told them or taught them because it sure as hell wasn't their parents as they'd bugged off months ago. Likewise eels swimming thousands of miles from the Sargasso sea and getting stuck a water pipe on a farm near us, mind boggling stuff, then they turn round and make the trip back to the Sargasso sea, no sat nav, no A-Z

How does a potentially brainless salmon know when and which exact same river and then stream to swim up to spawn. Who told them or taught them because it sure as hell wasn't their parents as they'd bugged off months ago. Likewise eels swimming thousands of miles from the Sargasso sea and getting stuck a water pipe on a farm near us, mind boggling stuff, then they turn round and make the trip back to the Sargasso sea, no sat nav, no A-Z

Bet they couldn't make it to Edinburgh though.

1960 i bought a couple of transistors that were about the size of a thimble, many times smaller than the thermionic valves they replaced. Today a square millimetre of silicon has a million or more of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.