The exposures Balotelli gives us.

BillyShears said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
BillyShears said:
Just curious, but what nationality are you and how long have you been a City supporter?
Probably Mancios lovechild

Seems he's spawned a few over the summer. Never noticed quite so many posters who seemingly could care less about City and have little respect for anyone other than the object of their affection.

I thought we made ​​peace. but it seems that it was only a truce.

please do not put me in a position to remind you that I have always been right and I've always been wrong. because you know , i know , and everybody here knows : I'm always been right and I've always been wrong.

Agree with the make or break season for Mario, if he does the business this season his status will become godlike (amongst some of the more emotional of us) and his contribution will be of immense benefit to the club.
A shit season and his appeal will pall.

BillyShears said:
Ancient Citizen said:
Disagree with this, Dave, every time Balotelli is playing everyone wants to watch and the club's exposure and profile rockets, I'm sure he is one of the favourites in the club's PR dept.
The comments and excitement build when he is named in the squad, (Be it a good or bad decision) and City's name is spread worldwide and this can only be a good thing.
Yes there has been adverse publicity but his value and attraction seems to have increased despite this; Balo is an undoubted asset, so far.

Hmmm, again. City's name is spread far and wide because of players like Aguero, Yaya, and Silva, who are seen as the preeminent players in their position and have incredibly high profiles at International level as well. Of course Mario brings a certain amount of interest and attention - but it's generally the kind of tabloid nonsense which is quickly yesterday's news.

On form he definitely brings the right kind of headlines, but 2012 hasn't really been vintage for that from a City perspective. He did excellently for Italy and that no doubt helped our profile and his, but again, it's fleeting in my opinion. Mario needs to consistently make headlines for the right reasons.

Make or break season for him at City. He'll play less with Carlos playing the way he is. If he doesn't fight his way into the team, I can envisage him sulking his way out of Manchester next summer.

-- Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:39 pm --

robbieh said:
Never mind if it's good or bad. As some hollywood type said, name escapes me, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Sure, if you've got no style, no soul, and no substance, and are simply interested in as many internet hits as you can get, then I agree.

I agree with the Op and your missing the point. If people are watching Balo purely because he is Balo, then the people who are watching must also notice he plays for City.

Mancio said:

please do not put me in a position to remind you that I have always been right and I've always been wrong. because you know , i know , and everybody here knows : I'm always been right and I've always been wrong.

I think you misunderstand. I've no more a problem with you than I do with anyone else who comes on the forum be they a Blue or not. However you can't have it both ways. You mock anyone who disagrees with you as being stupid and knowing nothing about football, whilst spouting nonsense like "Roman called Sheikh Mansour and offered a hundred billion for Mario". You believe the press when it suits you, and denigrate it when it doesn't. Of course there's nothing wrong with that on the face of it, but when you argue with people who have supported City all their lives and disrespect them in the way you do very often, then don't be surprised if the views on you are mixed, so to speak.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:52 pm --<br /><br />
morleyswife said:
I agree with the Op and your missing the point. If people are watching Balo purely because he is Balo, then the people who are watching must also notice he plays for City.

So, that's like Team Beckham appeal. Means nothing to me. Winning the championship will win us more supporters, get us more publicity, and most importantly, help build the legacy which will see us usurp the rags far more than having kooky Mario on the pitch and the world holding their breath to see if he implodes or produces a piece of magic.

Skashion said:
Think Balotelli might just have played his part in winning that championship we have.

Not really relevant to the discussion being had about his PR appeal and how important that is or isn't for City.

BillyShears said:
Mancio said:

I think you misunderstand. I've no more a problem with you than I do with anyone else who comes on the forum be they a Blue or not. However you can't have it both ways. You mock anyone who disagrees with you as being stupid and knowing nothing about football, whilst spouting nonsense like "Roman called Sheikh Mansour and offered a hundred billion for Mario". You believe the press when it suits you, and denigrate it when it doesn't. Of course there's nothing wrong with that on the face of it, but when you argue with people who have supported City all their lives and disrespect them in the way you do very often, then don't be surprised if the views on you are mixed, so to speak.

-- Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:52 pm --

morleyswife said:

So, that's like Team Beckham appeal. Means nothing to me. Winning the championship will win us more supporters, get us more publicity, and most importantly, help build the legacy which will see us usurp the rags far more than having kooky Mario on the pitch and the world holding their breath to see if he implodes or produces a piece of magic.

just so to speak , since i came on BM (33 months ago) i'm a blue as much as you are a blue. you are not more a blue than anyone , nobody is more a blue than you , only the childrens do this kind of shit like "i'm bigger than you , my father is bigger than your , i'm bluer than you" etc.

so , listen to me , we are all blue , but there is someone who know more about football and there are others that knows less.

and this is not proportional to the length of service, it is rather related to knowledge and expertise.

You certainly have been a blue for a longer time than Mansour , but let me say that he is a bit more important blue than you, know more than you, is more beautiful than you, is more loved from the blues than you , is smarter than you has more big cock you etc. even if he didnt know what being a blue means when you already was an historical blue. so , just to speak , Forget the charts who is more and who is less blue.

Any exposure is good exposure..Balo for his faults is an enigma and people find him interesting..Especially the media.

A goal or two would be a better contribution.id be amazed if he`s with us in 12months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.