The exposures Balotelli gives us.

uwe282828 said:
A goal or two would be a better contribution.id be amazed if he`s with us in 12months.

Will depend on whether City want to give him a new contract, and whether he'll sign it. He's only got two years left on his contract as far as I'm aware so next summer we're in the NDJ/RVP situation with him. Sign him up or sell him.

BillyShears said:
uwe282828 said:
A goal or two would be a better contribution.id be amazed if he`s with us in 12months.

Will depend on whether City want to give him a new contract, and whether he'll sign it. He's only got two years left on his contract as far as I'm aware so next summer we're in the NDJ/RVP situation with him. Sign him up or sell him.
The question is does he want to be 3rd choice striker
Because that's what he is and will be all season.

he was not signed for the world-wide column inches he generates, and RM wont pick him for them.
Beckham did the rags no harm with the prepubescent millions around the world buying vastly over-priced kit (and Sky of course).
The jack-pot of pay-per-view/ subscription sales is very serious money, if Balo can fulfill his potential, contribute to more success on the field he could, i said could be our greatest ever signing money and fame wise

The cookie monster said:
BillyShears said:
uwe282828 said:

That's why it's such a big season for him. I hope he focuses, knuckles down, and delivers, because on form he can keep Carlos out of the team.

BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:
BillyShears said:

That's why it's such a big season for him. I hope he focuses, knuckles down, and delivers, because on form he can keep Carlos out of the team.
I like him mate
I don't know abt shifting Carlos though
Be interesting to see how Mancini uses him.

I went to Norway to see the in-laws. Narvesens, the Norwegian equivalent of Martin's/WH Smith's sell a pizza called the "Balotelli". That is exposure that directly boosts the club for no outlay in a country where Barcelona and United dominate.
Happened to be in Oslo when United played Valerenga. Noticeable how few of them on the streets wore the picnic blanket.

Ancient Citizen said:
Didsbury Dave said:
If he starts to fulfil his potential and bang in loads of spectacular goals, and we stay top of the league and make a mark In Europe then he will get major exposure and become an icon. But he's nowhere near that yet. A few hits on our website and texts amongst schoolboys mean fuck all in the scheme of things.

Disagree with this, Dave, every time Balotelli is playing everyone wants to watch and the club's exposure and profile rockets, I'm sure he is one of the favourites in the club's PR dept.
The comments and excitement build when he is named in the squad, (Be it a good or bad decision) and City's name is spread worldwide and this can only be a good thing.
Yes there has been adverse publicity but his value and attraction seems to have increased despite this; Balo is an undoubted asset, so far.
I take the point, mate, that he has great box office potential as a modern day rock n roll footballer. But I don't believe that he has anything like the international profile some are suggesting yet. At the moment he's mid level tabloid fodder in the uk and not that well known worldwide. But he could be a huge name if he becomes the top scorer in the league.

He has the ability to control an enormous 'brand balotelli'. Do I think he will? I wouldn't put it past him. But I wouldn't put it past him to blow it either.

Skashion said:
uwe282828 said:
Had our highest goals to minutes played ratio in the league last season but yeah, never scores.. I despair.

Exactly this. If and when he ends up like Suarez, who plays all the time and is worshipped by the dippers with a mighty 11 a season, criticism of this sort would be acceptable. I know he is a fractious bastard and can infuriate at times but this is exactly why folk want to see him, together with the knowledge that there could be something special in the offing.

Currently on the brink of superstardom. Potential phenomenal and at the euro's he started to show real signs of reaching it. Forza Mario

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.