The exposures Balotelli gives us.

BluePurgatory said:
The cookie monster said:
BluePurgatory said:
Its not often I agree with Skashion but some of the Mario haters on here need to take off there hate specs and cut Mario some slack. Without his pass to Kun we would not have won the leauge.
Do you think we would of won the league if he had played the last 7 league matches?

What a stupid question."What if" is a cop out when you have lost the argument.
There was thread after thread when balo got sent off against arsenal saying a blessing in disguise.

i have yet to see why we payed so much for mario, far from the player some on here praised him to be.

The cookie monster said:
BluePurgatory said:
The cookie monster said:
Do you think we would of won the league if he had played the last 7 league matches?

What a stupid question."What if" is a cop out when you have lost the argument.
There was thread after thread when balo got sent off against arsenal saying a blessing in disguise.

I wonder if these so called same blues wish he had never played or taken a penalty. I wonder if they would be happy if we sold him to the rags!

BluePurgatory said:
As for the off field antics Mario has no chance as he had been set up to fail by the British media and our so called PR department. The club could wrap him up in cotton wool and place him in a glass bubble but the media would still put a spin on it . Sadly the Mario haters want to believe all they read about him in the press, especially the negative shit!

I'm not sure that Mario shouldn't take some of the responsibility. He does things which are, eccentric, and he has to respect that being a high profile professional sportsman means that if he does those things publicly people will write about them. And actually, for the most part his off field press has been "positive" (women's prison, walking into a college, taking a kid back to school who's being bullied, etc.) The only negative stories have been about his love life, but then he's a footballer, they all like their women classless and skanky.

We're in danger of being oversensitive about Mario's treatment in the press. I don't think he gets a rough ride from the British tabloids, far from it, I think they like him. The issues he has had really have been the "stamp" on Parker, and his various red cards, which less so the newspapers, more so the TV pundits and Sky have made a meal of.

I'll keep repeating the same thing though. Personally I could care less about what anyone says or writes about him. He just needs to do what he's good at consistently on the pitch and all will be well!

yeah lets praise Mario for his pass in the final game, and lets forget his behavior against Arsenal. there was no excuse whatsoever for him almost costing us the league. Sure if it was one bad tackle, but it was like he was trying to get sent off all game and ruin for the team on purpose

The cookie monster said:
We have had this debate before
You would rather start mario than tevez,mine is the opposite.
Mario as a person is worth 10 of tevez after what he did
As a player Carlos is far better at the moment.
I'd rather we not have him at the club but that's not because of his ability. Tevez is a better player than Mario at the moment, no question. Although the fact that he hasn't scored against the rags, Arsenal and Spurs in thirteen games in the league would be worrying if we were depending on him alone. At the moment, however, Mancini is right to start him ahead of Balotelli. Aguero on the other hand, I already believe to be better than Tevez, and is much younger, has a far better attitude and is far more reliable. When it comes to Tevez vs Aguero, it's Aguero all the way as far as I'm concerned. So, it's whether you play Tevez and Aguero or Aguero and Balo/Dzeko. I prefer two strikers in different moulds when it comes to striking partnerships. It doesn't matter what team it is, I'd practically always opt for two different players up front over two of the same. Anyway, we'll likely see if I'm proved wrong this season. If Tevez and Aguero can significantly better Aguero and Balo's combined 37 goals for the same games played, or Aguero and Dzeko's 40 goals for the same games played, we'll know I'm wrong. If they get 45 goals I'm probably wrong. 50 goals and I definitely am.

Tony101 said:
yeah lets praise Mario for his pass in the final game, and lets forget his behavior against Arsenal. there was no excuse whatsoever for him almost costing us the league. Sure if it was one bad tackle, but it was like he was trying to get sent off all game and ruin for the team on purpose

So you admit that if Mario did not get sent off he may have scored? From my recollectioin most of the team played shit that day. Some may also say that, that game was a wake up call.

leewill31 said:
i have yet to see why we payed so much for mario, far from the player some on here praised him to be.
pmsl, we could sell him a profit in a heartbeat.

Tony101 said:

Cmon lets get real about that Arsenal "tackle".First it wasnt as bad as portrayed and it was only a second yellow.Second,it was very very late in the game and we had already lost the game.Third it didnt almost cost us the league as in fact it helped us win it!

It helped because it meant Mario wasn't able to play in the next batch of games. Following that game Mancini's stance to the press was all about taking the pressure off City and putting it onto the scum and immediately we started to play good football again and went on the winning run that won the title.

Up to and including that Arse game it could be argued that mario was heading towrds costing us the title as he was playing really really poorly but still getting selected.

BillyShears said:
BluePurgatory said:
As for the off field antics Mario has no chance as he had been set up to fail by the British media and our so called PR department. The club could wrap him up in cotton wool and place him in a glass bubble but the media would still put a spin on it . Sadly the Mario haters want to believe all they read about him in the press, especially the negative shit!

I'm not sure that Mario shouldn't take some of the responsibility. He does things which are, eccentric, and he has to respect that being a high profile professional sportsman means that if he does those things publicly people will write about them. And actually, for the most part his off field press has been "positive" (women's prison, walking into a college, taking a kid back to school who's being bullied, etc.) The only negative stories have been about his love life, but then he's a footballer, they all like their women classless and skanky.

We're in danger of being oversensitive about Mario's treatment in the press. I don't think he gets a rough ride from the British tabloids, far from it, I think they like him. The issues he has had really have been the "stamp" on Parker, and his various red cards, which less so the newspapers, more so the TV pundits and Sky have made a meal of.

I'll keep repeating the same thing though. Personally I could care less about what anyone says or writes about him. He just needs to do what he's good at consistently on the pitch and all will be well!

Billy, the press doesnt bother me as i choose not to buy or read it. What pisses me off are the number of so called blues who come on here and post pure hate. Am not saying blues should not be allowed to critisize players or the manager or team but some excite on any negative and actually help to promote the shit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.