The FA Cup (4th Rd ) - Cardiff (A)

No chance.
I want to keep the possibility of a quadruple going for as long as possible

Don't agree we should down prioritise the fa cup. It's still a big trophy and still important to us. After all the years of winning nothing I don't know how any city fan can not want to win the fa cup

Seeing the tough schedule and dirty opponents taking their toll on our players, should we down-prioritise the FA Cup totally, considering we still have a good chance at a domestic double and maybe even a better shout than ever at the CL title? Wouldn’t mind seeing a total 2nd string formation against Burnley personally.
We could always withdraw from the competition.......

I know this is contentious but I think there should be a winter break. Our schedule over the holidays is not helpful to the players. They are not robots and need to recover between games or we end up with injuries and crap games with second strings out etc.

Depends on how far ahead we'll be come end of January. If we're still 10+ points up, I say we go for it. A local treble is better than no treble at all.

There's no need to throw the FA cup away by playing a complete second string. Obviously I'd rest anyone who the medical staff think might otherwise be risking an injury due to fatigue, but i'd be doing that in the league matches too at this point. To be honest, we should be able to rotate more in league games and still easily find the i think 25-30 points we need to win it. We should be putting out the best team we can to get through these early rounds as we could be in a position in late Feb where we're only a couple of games away from winning the league and can fully prioritise the cups. We'd be kicking ourselves if we're just playing dead rubbers in march/april when we could have been still fighting it out for the FA cup. Our league position has given us the best opportunity we'll ever have to really go for it on all fronts and we should be taking advantage of that. We'll never be in this league position again after 21 games, you can be sure of that.

I know the owners want the Champions League and all that, but a domestic treble would be fucking awesome as no team in the English league has ever achieved the feat before.
With this team and the position we find ourselves in atm we’ll never get a better chance.
So I hope we give the FA Cup 100% respect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.