The Fail have wheeled out Colin Shindler again.

BiBaBo said:
Balti said:
BiBaBo said:
In that case, why is that era not mentioned in the TV version of MURML.

The quote isn't mine for starters. It's Colin Schindlers.

And what the fuck is MURML??!

I was just quoting your quote matey.

Manchester United Ruined My Life - Great book, shite television play as they missed out the 3 chapters when Schindler was actually watching us win everything.

Ahhh sorry didn't click.

Yes i enjoyed the book as he grew up where I did pretty much so i could relate to alot of the non-football bits too. Didn't know there was a tv version. Trust them to edit out our successful era!!!!!!! I think alot of people related to how he felt at the time when we were at our lowest ebb and they were sweeping aside all before them :-(

But look at us now :-) How good is this? And how sad for him that he can't enjoy it all over again.

I would hope this his obvious antipathy towards our Arab muslim owners is not in any way motivated by his Jewish faith.
After all, City have a long and proud historical connection with Manchester's Jewish community which continues to this day.
Yet apart from being a dreary, reactionary old fart who cannot write anything about City without referencing the out of town tourist attraction, he sadly always seems to have another agenda.
Who apart from the Daily Mail considers this self-indulgent old drone to be some sort of spokesman for City fans anyway?
I don't know anybody who respects, let alone shares his opinions.
And I thought he was so sick of what City had becomne (ie good) that he had decided never to bother watching us anymore?
And then he pens a hatchet piece going on about loyalty?
It seems this fossil doesn't do irony, either.

LongsightM13 said:
I would hope this his obvious antipathy towards our Arab muslim owners is not in any way motivated by his Jewish faith.
After all, City have a long and proud historical connection with Manchester's Jewish community which continues to this day.
Yet apart from being a dreary, reactionary old fart who cannot write anything about City without referencing the out of town tourist attraction, he sadly always seems to have another agenda.
Who apart from the Daily Mail considers this self-indulgent old drone to be some sort of spokesman for City fans anyway?
And I thought he was so sick of what City had becomne (ie good) that he had decided never to bother watching us anymore?
According to Prestwich Blue his jewishness is like his support for City - lapsed.

I assume he was paid to write this drivel.
So he complains about a lack of loyalty and the so-called money-mad attitude of some City players and our owners, then takes money to write an unashamed hatchet job about the club he claims to love.
What a hypocrite. What a whore.

LongsightM13 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0IXsACBRco[/youtube]

dom said:
Balti said:
I was incredibly lucky to be a teenager when the Lee, Bell, Summerbee, team won five trophies in five years

etc

yawn

err

I don't agree with a lot of point CS raaise but I ws a teeneger then too ... it really was magic ...why the yawn, Balti ?

It's a yawn because everybody goes on about it, it ranks alongside I remember the Pistols at the Lesser Free Trade Hall and I saw the Stone Roses at the Empress Ballroom.

It's history and while it should be looked at now and again with a smile it's just a statistic for old farts chatting to younger farts. Let's look to the future and work out how we can help the club become what we want it to be. In five years most of this lot will have fucked off and I want to be supporting a team that has mainly come through the academy and beats everybody out of sight, most of the time.

LongsightM13 said:

I really doubt it is. He said in a article 2 years ago, that Ali Bernabia was one of his favourites.

I have a big problem that he is the one the press turn to whenever a big City story breaks, and the way he's portrayed as representing the views of City fans. The irony of him complaining about a lack of loyalty is incredible.

schindler was readable when he was reminiscing about city being shite then coming good because city were shite again when his book came out & a lot of blues could relate to his angst. however, now that city are a top team again he seems to prefer it when we were shite & he's just getting fucking tedious in the extreme.

CHT said:
Colin "Rent a quote" Shindler ...........do us a favour pal , stop spouting off when things go wrong , pontificating about the owners and how they throw money about ...

The days when we could get 11 Englishman for a pittance and mould them into a Championship Winning Team are long gone , weve used the money to try and hang onto the coat tails of the "elite clubs" , the money hopefully will lay the foundation for the chance of success for generations to come , my generation never saw the golden era of Bell , Lee , Summerbee , what we did though was support the club through thick and thin (Season Ticket since 1975 when i was aged 7) we now have the chance of enjoying the glory that you obviously did , yet at every point you pour scorn and seem to want to de value things . Your really not endearing yourself to fellow fans .

Spot on. I really don't get colin's problem, why does he give a shit who owns us or who they buy to pull on our shirt? Supporting City isn't conditional for most of us and this is why we turned up in our thousands during some of our darkest days which just about helped give the club enough time to allow the players to deliver us from the abyss.

I thank Colin for joining me on that journey but by fuck lad turn it in now won't you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.