The fans are bigger at Spurs

Since when has Silva been a central midfielder? Dembele and Wanyama are much better consistent central midfielders than Toure who is past it. He may have the odd good game but we all know you can't rely on him for a season. Eriksen's stats are much better than Silva's and have been all season. Silva's best days are gone. Eriksen's 8 assists this season are bettered only by De Bruyne. SO yes Eriksen would get in your side. Toure the greatest midfielder ever to grace the PL? You cannot be serious. Fantastic player in his day but those days have gone, and I know you are biased but there were many better CMs than him who did it for a decade or more.

Kane v Aguero let us see.

Since the start of 2015, the list of Premier League goalscorers reads as follows:

Harry Kane – 54
Sergio Aguero – 47
Romelu Lukaku – 34
Diego Costa – 33
Jamie Vardy – 33
Alexis Sanchez – 33
Olivier Giroud – 32
Jermain Defoe – 31

7 ahead of Aguero, and 20 ahead of any other player.

Yes I will take Kane on recent form thanks. And yes Kane has been injured at times too. Aguero is one of the best strikers in the world but on form over the last two years Kane is well ahead of the rest.

I am not coming on here to brag, it's just debate. We have won nothing for ages, I hope we do soon, but no guarantees as there are 5 other much wealthier clubs than us. As it stands we are well punching above our weight.

Anyway I can see many of you are wound up by me but happy to debate if anyone wants to.

How can I have a debate with someone who reveals himself as knowing fuck all in his first sentence! Since when has David Silva been a central midfielder? Since always you div! Where do you think he plays? Centre forward? Right wing? Left back? FFS! As for him being past his best, again you've clearly not watched him all season, because he's been in brilliant form and has probably been our best player. And, yes I'm perfectly serious about Ya Ya being the Premier League's greatest ever midfielder. He might have slowed down considerably the last couple of years, but in his first 4 seasons at the club he was just about unplayable. How many other 6ft 2' centre midfielders have there been, who could do the 100m in 11 seconds, who could score 20 goals a season, who ran virtually every game he played in, whose Opta passing stats are virtually off the scale, who scored in just about every key fixture we had, from the 2 at Newcastle to secure us the title, to the seminal cup semi final winner against United, to the winner in the final against Stoke, to the unbelievable 35 yarder in the LC final against Sunderland. Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard have probably been his equals, but certainly no better, and who else is there?

And I'll tell you something else we're not gonna do and that's pick arbitrary mid-season start points (when Kane suddenly went on a scoring spree I'm guessing) for any goals comparison. Since the start of the 2015/16 season (ie the 18 months you were banging on about) Kane has scored 43 times from 69 starts and Sergio 47 times from 66 starts. And if you want to go back a season further it becomes Kane 74 from 120 and Sergio 79 from 108, ie. Sergio has scored 5 more goals from 12 less starts. Truly only a Spurs fan would select Kane over Aguero. It's like that bloke from Decca records picking Brian Poole and the Tremeloes over the fucking Beatles!

What does big club even mean? In my experience anyone who goes on about how big their club is rarely attends matches and attaches themselves to one of these "big clubs" usually to mask some sort deep psychological inferiority complex. United and Liverpool are the worst for it.

I've got Kane scoring 43 goals (in 69 games) since the start of last season. Aguero has 47 (in 66 games).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Kane
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Agüero

Kane's still young and has a lot of potential, but honestly you can't compare them right now. Aguero will go down as the best forward in premier league history, Kane has had one good season. If Kane keeps up his current form for 6 years +, wins the league twice and a few other trophies to boot then great, until then I'd stick with Aguero.

You cannot be serious? By what criteria? What about Shearer? Henry? My god that is blue tinted.

And how has Kane had one good season? He's had two, and is on course to have a third. Considering they are his first three seasons as a PL player that's very impressive. 3 out of 3.

Last edited:
How can I have a debate with someone who reveals himself as knowing fuck all in his first sentence! Since when has David Silva been a central midfielder? Since always you div! Where do you think he plays? Centre forward? Right wing? Left back? FFS! As for him being past his best, again you've clearly not watched him all season, because he's been in brilliant form and has probably been our best player. And, yes I'm perfectly serious about Ya Ya being the Premier League's greatest ever midfielder. He might have slowed down considerably the last couple of years, but in his first 4 seasons at the club he was just about unplayable. How many other 6ft 2' centre midfielders have there been, who could do the 100m in 11 seconds, who could score 20 goals a season, who ran virtually every game he played in, whose Opta passing stats are virtually off the scale, who scored in just about every key fixture we had, from the 2 at Newcastle to secure us the title, to the seminal cup semi final winner against United, to the winner in the final against Stoke, to the unbelievable 35 yarder in the LC final against Sunderland. Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard have probably been his equals, but certainly no better, and who else is there?

And I'll tell you something else we're not gonna do and that's pick arbitrary mid-season start points (when Kane suddenly went on a scoring spree I'm guessing) for any goals comparison. Since the start of the 2015/16 season (ie the 18 months you were banging on about) Kane has scored 43 times from 69 starts and Sergio 47 times from 66 starts. And if you want to go back a season further it becomes Kane 74 from 120 and Sergio 79 from 108, ie. Sergio has scored 5 more goals from 12 less starts. Truly only a Spurs fan would select Kane over Aguero. It's like that bloke from Decca records picking Brian Poole and the Tremeloes over the fucking Beatles!

I'd expect a City fan to know Silva's position. Silva is not a typical CM which is why you cannot compare him to the likes of Dembele, Wanyama etc. Totally different players. Silva is an attacking midfielder who usually plays as one of the three behind the striker. I would be very surprised if he has played as one of a central midfield two more than he has the more attacking position. His defensive game is non existent. Apologies if I am wrong. Kane is 23 and is already at the same scoring level as Aguero, who is at his peak. Kane will get better. It's funny you are taking stats which show they are on a similar scoring level, forgetting that one was making his PL debut and the other is a renowned world class striker. As time has progressed Kane's scoring ratio has got better and better. One is at the start of his career the other is at his peak.

Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard were better CMs than Toure, it's a joke to say Toure is level with those. 4 seasons? Those midfielders did it for a decade or more. Players like Viera were equally as influential for their respective title winning sides. To any fans other than City, Toure will never be mentioned in the same breath when talking about the best PL CM's ever.

You cannot be serious? By what criteria? What about Shearer? Henry? My god that is blue tinted.

It's certainly debatable whether he is right or not but it's not a ridiculous assertion like your trying to make out.

Aguero's goals per minutes played in the Premier League is the best for anybody with 100+ goals.

I'd argue you have white tinted specs on saying Kane is better than Aguero.

He's statistically the most clinical player since it became the Premier League. Highest goals per game ratio (ahead of Shearer/Henry). He scored the most important/dramatic goal in English footballing history. Admittedly I'll have blue tinted specs (just like a lot of your arguments are spurs-tinted), but stats don't lie. I wouldn't swap him for any of Shearer/Henry/Rooney/Drogba etc.

And how has Kane had one good season? He's had two, and is on course to have a third. Considering they are his first three seasons as a PL player that's very impressive. 3 out of 3.

you still here?? thought you were binned yesterday?

I think we are in an excellent place. The new stadium will allow us to move into big boy wages which will further allow us to keep our best players. Also, we will never sell to a PL rival, so our only worry is if Madrid or Barcelona come in for our players. I guess my big worry is if Poch leaves, as he is the mastermind of our current competitive team.
precisely, without podgytino your team are back to the days of selling Bale for the money. If he leaves you are fucked, totally.

By far the two biggest clubs in the world are Barca and Real, this is taken by what fans deem to be big. Personally i prefer to support a club with more 'identity'. I am not impressed by visiting a country 7,000 miles away to see a young guy washing his socks in a river with a Barca shirt on, i wouldnt want that from a club I support.

Many fans believe their club is bigger, but what is bigger determined with ? History or amount of fans ? You are only as good as your last season and no good having over 50k fans in your stadium then being relegated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.