The fans are bigger at Spurs

Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard were better CMs than Toure, it's a joke to say Toure is level with those. 4 seasons? Those midfielders did it for a decade or more. Players like Viera were equally as influential for their respective title winning sides. To any fans other than City, Toure will never be mentioned in the same breath when talking about the best PL CM's ever.

The first three you've mentioned are all English and all played their entire careers, bar a few games in the MLS, in England. Toure played for Barcelona for years but I suppose that doesn't count?

Patrick Viera was a great player but didn't score anything like as many goals as Yaya. Yaya has been our most influential player in winning all 5 of our recent trophies.

You know what? I agree with your last line. None of our players will get any credit outside of this club for what they have achieved. The media will airbrush them from history like they did with Bell, Lee and Summerbee. If they played for the rags, dippers or London clubs they'd be fawning all over them. They don't though, they play for City, so they will never be mentioned again once they leave and opposing fans will forget them. Numpties will then say we've got no history when we're winning things 30 or 40 years from now. Just saying like.

It was one game. All those players you mentioned have been superb this season.

I'm sure they have been superb against Hull and Sunderland.

They came to the Etihad with the chance to cement themselves as the only side capable of catching Chelsea, head and shoulders above the rest of the top six, and bottled it.

One game, but it was a game you could have won, should have won and didn't win. You've got these "superb" players and you aren't making it count. So it goes, another season with these "superb" players, another off-season with little changes, another season to come where the opposition have improved and your lot have sat on their hands and prayed that no club comes in to poach Alli and co to pastures greener.

One game, but yet another season.

Dembele walks into your side mate

Walks would be right, which is what he was doing a lot of on Saturday. Lethargic, slow, unable to properly close down advances from KDB and Sane. City specifically targeted the middle of the park, much more so than they usually do, because of all gaps of space being left by Dembele and Wanyama. As for offensively, well, neither had a touch in our box the entire game and both were the most dispossessed players on the park other than the aptly named Eric Dier.

Walk into our side? Sorry, we have higher standards here. And you better believe we could have every single one of your squad in a blue shirt if we wanted, but we don't. So they play for Spurs and enjoy the fruits of less trophies and wages than the teams they feel they should be competing with.

That you even think for a second Dembele and Wanyama are comparable to Kevin De Bruyne, the league leader in assists for the season, and David Silva who has more assists than any other player in the league since he joined City, is laughable.

SO does Rose, Walker, Toby, Vertonghen, Lloris.

I'd take your defenders and keeper, sure, but that's hardly a ringing endorsement when we've got the back line that we have.

Kane over Ageuro on form over the last 18 months too.

Oh the last 18 months, is it? Since the start of last season, yeah?

Kane has bagged 38 goals in 4823 minutes of football in that time.
Aguero has bagged 35 goals in 3700 minutes of football in that time.

I think I'll stick with Kun.

You'd find room for Alli

I'm sure we will.

Shall I go on?

Please do, I haven't had such a good laugh in a long time.

I have no doubts we will finish above you this season to prove that we are the better team.

And progress further in the Champions League too, right?

How with a straight face can you call Spurs defence error prone?! hahaha

Only going by what I see.

I'd be pretty worried if I was you that your great defence, which your auto-correct seems to have auto-corrected itself on, didn't actually contribute as much collectively as one single player in City's infamously porous back line.

You were torn apart by a piece-meal, aging City side that exposed a large catalog of faults. Weak in the air, haphazard on the ground and a liability under pressure. Your back line made five errors that led to goal scoring opportunities, more than Bacary Sagna has made all season. Wimmer alone made 2, in one single game. Walk into our team? Get fucked.

Fuck me, I know Yaya can be a right moaning bastard at times but to say he isn't on the same level as Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard, and Vieira as one of the best midfielders in PL history is downright ridiculous.

you still here?? thought you were binned yesterday?
The guy is a knob.
Fuck me, I know Yaya can be a right moaning bastard at times but to say he isn't on the same level as Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard, and Vieira as one of the best midfielders in PL history is downright ridiculous.
everything this guy has posted has been ridiculous. I'm guessing he's under 21 years old.

What does big club even mean? In my experience anyone who goes on about how big their club is rarely attends matches and attaches themselves to one of these "big clubs" usually to mask some sort deep psychological inferiority complex. United and Liverpool are the worst for it.
Indeed. I always laugh when you get people who've never been to a match in their life using words like Emptihad. Bragging about how big your club is or how much "history" they have is basically admitting that you're a glory hunter.

Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard were better CMs than Toure, it's a joke to say Toure is level with those. 4 seasons? Those midfielders did it for a decade or more.
LOL, Toure was 27 when he came to the Premier League. You might forgive him for not having been the best player in the Premier League for over 10 years given than he's only been in it for 6. He was too busy winning 2 La Liga titles and 1 Champions League before that. Your argument is like claiming that Suarez isn't one of the best ever strikers in the Premier League because he didn't stay at Liverpool for 10 years. Laughable.

I'd expect a City fan to know Silva's position. Silva is not a typical CM which is why you cannot compare him to the likes of Dembele, Wanyama etc. Totally different players. .

No Silva's not a centre mid, but he might play there more often since he just tore yours a new arsehole playing there, even taking the ball off them.

Those midfielders did it for a decade or more. Players like Viera were equally as influential for their respective title winning sides. To any fans other than City, Toure will never be mentioned in the same breath when talking about the best PL CM's ever.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hails-Jamie-Redknapp-Manchester-City-win.html

'In football we have short memories. Last year, people were talking about how little he runs. He is one of the best midfielders we've ever seen in this league. People like [Patrick] Vieira, and [Steven] Gerrard and [Frank] Lampard.'

Didn't Redknapp play for Spurs at one time ?

I'm sure they have been superb against Hull and Sunderland.

They came to the Etihad with the chance to cement themselves as the only side capable of catching Chelsea, head and shoulders above the rest of the top six, and bottled it.

One game, but it was a game you could have won, should have won and didn't win. You've got these "superb" players and you aren't making it count. So it goes, another season with these "superb" players, another off-season with little changes, another season to come where the opposition have improved and your lot have sat on their hands and prayed that no club comes in to poach Alli and co to pastures greener.

One game, but yet another season.

Walks would be right, which is what he was doing a lot of on Saturday. Lethargic, slow, unable to properly close down advances from KDB and Sane. City specifically targeted the middle of the park, much more so than they usually do, because of all gaps of space being left by Dembele and Wanyama. As for offensively, well, neither had a touch in our box the entire game and both were the most dispossessed players on the park other than the aptly named Eric Dier.

Walk into our side? Sorry, we have higher standards here. And you better believe we could have every single one of your squad in a blue shirt if we wanted, but we don't. So they play for Spurs and enjoy the fruits of less trophies and wages than the teams they feel they should be competing with.

That you even think for a second Dembele and Wanyama are comparable to Kevin De Bruyne, the league leader in assists for the season, and David Silva who has more assists than any other player in the league since he joined City, is laughable.

I'd take your defenders and keeper, sure, but that's hardly a ringing endorsement when we've got the back line that we have.

Oh the last 18 months, is it? Since the start of last season, yeah?

Kane has bagged 38 goals in 4823 minutes of football in that time.
Aguero has bagged 35 goals in 3700 minutes of football in that time.

I think I'll stick with Kun.

I'm sure we will.

Please do, I haven't had such a good laugh in a long time.

And progress further in the Champions League too, right?

Only going by what I see.

I'd be pretty worried if I was you that your great defence, which your auto-correct seems to have auto-corrected itself on, didn't actually contribute as much collectively as one single player in City's infamously porous back line.

You were torn apart by a piece-meal, aging City side that exposed a large catalog of faults. Weak in the air, haphazard on the ground and a liability under pressure. Your back line made five errors that led to goal scoring opportunities, more than Bacary Sagna has made all season. Wimmer alone made 2, in one single game. Walk into our team? Get fucked.

We didn't bottle anything. We came to Man City, we were second in the league, with the best defensive record in the league, your team were wounded and out for blood and we were on a hiding to nothing, we didn't turn up, our worst performance of the season by a distance and we still didn't lose. We did what top teams do, and if we don't play well we grind out a result. Yes Wimmer made mistakes, his first game for about 6 months, away at City, not the easiest game to bed in. Your team exposed nothing, we just didn't play well, we are still one of the most consistent and hard to beat teams in the league. You have a great attacking line up, fielded what 6 attackers or something, we were ripped apart at times, mainly by our own stupid passing in defence, yet you still needed two cock ups to score. I love how you seem to judge the whole Spurs defence on one game. Conveniently forgetting the rest of the season where we have conceded a total of 5 goals from open play all season. That doesn't happen by luck.

If it wasn't for Lloris making two rare errors you wouldn't have scored and we'd have come away with a 2 nil win.

No I am not saying Kane is a better player than Aguero, I rate Aguero so highly. Best striker in the league. On recent form though I'd prefer Kane, and you have to admit his goal scoring record since he made his debut is outrageous.

And no you would not be able to have any of our squad in a City shirt if you wanted. That is just ridiculous. There isn't a single bit of evidence to back up that fanciful claim. Considering you keep spending hundreds of millions to find a CB who is any good, spent 50 million on Stones, and we have two far superior CBs in Alderweireld and Vertonghen, why don't city snap their fingers and sign them? Or sign Lloris? Or Rose or Walker? If it's that easy....

We didn't bottle anything. We came to Man City, we were second in the league, with the best defensive record in the league, your team were wounded and out for blood and we were on a hiding to nothing, we didn't turn up, our worst performance of the season by a distance and we still didn't lose. We did what top teams do, and if we don't play well we grind out a result. Yes Wimmer made mistakes, his first game for about 6 months, away at City, not the easiest game to bed in. Your team exposed nothing, we just didn't play well, we are still one of the most consistent and hard to beat teams in the league. You have a great attacking line up, fielded what 6 attackers or something, we were ripped apart at times, mainly by our own stupid passing in defence, yet you still needed two cock ups to score. I love how you seem to judge the whole Spurs defence on one game. Conveniently forgetting the rest of the season where we have conceded a total of 5 goals from open play all season. That doesn't happen by luck.

If it wasn't for Lloris making two rare errors you wouldn't have scored and we'd have come away with a 2 nil win.

No I am not saying Kane is a better player than Aguero, I rate Aguero so highly. Best striker in the league. On recent form though I'd prefer Kane, and you have to admit his goal scoring record since he made his debut is outrageous.

And no you would not be able to have any of our squad in a City shirt if you wanted. That is just ridiculous. There isn't a single bit of evidence to back up that fanciful claim. Considering you keep spending hundreds of millions to find a CB who is any good, spent 50 million on Stones, and we have two far superior CBs in Alderweireld and Vertonghen, why don't city snap their fingers and sign them? Or sign Lloris? Or Rose or Walker? If it's that easy....

Who's this top team your talking about?

You'd have come away with a 2 nil win?

Bullshit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.