The Fantasy Thread (no not that you perv)

Almost every TV Series adapted from a fantasy novel series has been a letdown (at some point) so far for me. Legend of the Seeker. The Dresden Files, The Shannara Chronicles, GoT (ending), Wheel of Time.

Only exceptions (so far) have been Stranger Things & The Witcher though there's still time on both of these as they're still ongoing projects and I've not read any Witcher books as yet but just picked up a boxset of 8 books recently.
I really enjoyed Shadow and Bone first season on Netflix, I thought they did it really well

- The Green Knight (2021)
- The Fall (2006)
- The Fountain (2006)
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
- Pans Labyrinth (1995)
- The Princess Bride (1987)
- Highlander (1986)
- Conan The Barbarian (1982)
- Clash of the Titans (1981)
- Excalibur (1981)

I have honestly never read anything he's written but always pick the books up in a bookshop, is there a certain series worth reading, I've just finished all the Witcher books

Probably best to start with "The Blade Itself" as most of his other books are set in the same world.

I've read literally hundreds of fantasy/historical fiction books and these may not be the most sophisticated but are definitely the most fun. Dark, bloody and full of absolute bastards that you've just got to love!

- The Fall (2006)
- The Fountain (2006)
- Pans Labyrinth (1995)
- Highlander (1986)
- Excalibur (1981)
The Princess Bride is top tier, I can't say Marriage these days always mawwidge

- The Fall (2006)
- The Fountain (2006)
- Pans Labyrinth (1995)
- Highlander (1986)
- Excalibur (1981)

You missed "Krull" and "Hawk the Slayer"! ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.