The first 6 League Games

B B

BLUEMATT23

Is it realistic to say that our league season could be defined by the first six games?.

I mean it is a tough start with Tottenham, Liverpool & Chelsea in the opening six with a tricky game away @ Sunderland.

Win 4 or 5 of them, great & I will believe we can mount a serious title challenge, but I worry if it goes the other way. If we suffer the usual crash & burn at Tottenham and don't get positive results Vs Liverpool & Chelsea we could be behind the chasers with little margin for error for the rest of the campaign, also the press would go into anti-City over drive.

In a way Im glad we have the challenge of Spurs, Liverpool & Chelsea first up but I believe a lot will ride on our results against them in more ways than one.

combined with the World Cup effect - many of our players have yet to start training, and meet their new team mates

It shouldn't, yes it'll be a really tough start with a very new team, but as long as the fans don't go into anti-City overdrive and remain patient and positive if we have a couple of poor results, i don't think it matters too much.

But still, we should view it as an opportunity to get a head start on the rest.

thing is Matt,doesn't matter how we start,the press will be on our case the whole fukn season anyway.
If we start well,they'll say we should be anyway.
If we start shit,they'll be pissing all over us,as usual.
The good thing personally,is that i don't get the anti City pish up here in the papers/media.
Fuk em all...

come on City

BLUEMATT23 said:
Is it realistic to say that our league season could be defined by the first six games?.

I mean it is a tough start with Tottenham, Liverpool & Chelsea in the opening six with a tricky game away @ Sunderland.

Win 4 or 5 of them, great & I will believe we can mount a serious title challenge, but I worry if it goes the other way. If we suffer the usual crash & burn at Tottenham and don't get positive results Vs Liverpool & Chelsea we could be behind the chasers with little margin for error for the rest of the campaign, also the press would go into anti-City over drive.

In a way Im glad we have the challenge of Spurs, Liverpool & Chelsea first up but I believe a lot will ride on our results against them in more ways than one.

Wohhh Bessy.
Lets start with trying to get 3 points well and truly ovedue at Spurs
and then take it from there.
Chill Bluematt Enjoy the ride man

Compare our start to Spurs, they have got after oh course, what I would call a dream start.
It's a no brainer, we have got to get off to a good start, I am praying we do.

I'm hoping for a good start, but I'm not getting ahead of myself. I'll tell you what though, the media are hoping and praying that we get a shite start. Cue lots and lots of quotes about the team not gelling, Mancini not good enough to manage them, and quotes from Ferguson....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.