Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the following isn't going to happen

..........................Hart
Richards......Kompany.....Lescott....Clichy

Silva.........Yaya.........Fernandhino

Aguero.........Dzeko.......Jovetic

adrianr said:
Cliché but three points really is all that matters right now, 95% at least. Those expecting to see a Pellegrini side in full flow will be disappointed, he's still not been here that long and neither have our new signings. I'd expect a good quarter of the season to pass before we start really getting into it. As long as during that time we stay in touching distance of the top I think we'll change and (hopefully) improve the most as the season goes on.

What is he going to do? Have them playing on their hands or teaching them to fly?

The changes needed were more tactical, and I expect to see them

I think loads of people are underestimating Newcastle this season. They've got largely the same squad that finished 5th a couple of seasons ago and with no European football to distract them this time, they'll be more focused on the league. If they find a decent strike partner for Cisse and make sure they play him through the centre, I think they'll be dangerous. Having said that, we should still beat them.

Is Aguero expected to play btw? I didn't think he was fit. Or at least only bench fit.

I'm With Stupid said:
I think loads of people are underestimating Newcastle this season. They've got largely the same squad that finished 5th a couple of seasons ago and with no European football to distract them this time, they'll be more focused on the league. If they find a decent strike partner for Cisse and make sure they play him through the centre, I think they'll be dangerous. Having said that, we should still beat them.

Is Aguero expected to play btw? I didn't think he was fit. Or at least only bench fit.
I think he is bench fit.

I agree with you with regards to Newcastle. They've got a very good midfield, a dangerous striker and it will be a very tough game.

Caveman said:
I'm With Stupid said:

I think he is bench fit.

I agree with you with regards to Newcastle. They've got a very good midfield, a dangerous striker and it will be a very tough game.

Like it was a tough game last season when they had virtually the same team?

Ducado said:
adrianr said:
Cliché but three points really is all that matters right now, 95% at least. Those expecting to see a Pellegrini side in full flow will be disappointed, he's still not been here that long and neither have our new signings. I'd expect a good quarter of the season to pass before we start really getting into it. As long as during that time we stay in touching distance of the top I think we'll change and (hopefully) improve the most as the season goes on.

What is he going to do? Have them playing on their hands or teaching them to fly?

The changes needed were more tactical, and I expect to see them

Any change in style is going to require some adaptation. I would have thought our flirting with 3-5-2 last season should be lesson enough that tactics require experience with them to be fully effective. If we're suddenly going to be playing a high line where before we sat deeper, we could concede a few more on the break before we learn how to identify and snuff out that danger, etc. Thats before you talk about the mindset of the players to press aggressively where before they did not, still attack when two up rather than sit back and defend the lead.. By the sounds of it we're going from one end of the scale to the other, I expect there to be teething problems and I expect us to not have it nailed down from the first game of the season.

I think some people on here are totally over estimating Newcatle. They struggled last year and it couldn't
all have been down to European games. Think some of the buys are fast and physical, but maybe Pardew
should have a word with a few of them, with regards to try taking the ball with them sometimes.

I have no idea what to expect to be honest. I can see Joe Hart having a mare but us scoring a lot of goals, and on the other hand I can see him having a great game with us struggling to score despite loads of chances. My hope is that we get an early goal, that would be a relief.

I just want 3 points to get us going. We can hit full throttle in the first few games then smash the Rag twats.

Hart
Zab
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy
Navas
Silva
Fernandinho
Toure
Milner
Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.