The forgotten few

I don’t think Colin was Mcnab’s greatest fan.
then he knew him and ergo wasn't forgotten :)

I'm not sure I even want to know why tbh, one is and always will be a club legend and the other came in and did a job as the old man of the team with what should have been our own class of 92 (cunts), I fear McNab is on a losing battle before the off tbh.

How about Barry sidall
Siddall was one of our loan keepers of the 80s and played a handful of games when Nixon fell out of favour. Bobby Mimms and Mike Stowell also had loan spells in the late 80s. I would view Coops as a successful signing, came in as experienced backup to Dibble, if Margetson had been drafted in we may not have gone up in 88/9 ...

David Shawcross. He played as a wing-half and was tipped by many as a potential world class player. He was a silky smooth player.

He was dogged by persistent injuries which probably destroyed his career. He made only 55 appearances in seven years with City before moving on to Stockport and Halifax. He played on for eight years after leaving City but the injuries had taken their toll.

I saw him play a few matches in the first team and quite a few more in the reserves before he moved on in 1965.

A real lost talent.
A very interesting suggestion. I saw him a few times, and I agree that he was a real talent.

A left-footed midfielder (a left-half in those days), he was tall and elegant, and had something of Paul Lake or Michael Johnson about him. He broke his leg quite badly, and quite possibly a second time too.

Yet another City player whose career was effectively finished by serious injury. Perhaps modern medical treatment could have helped, but.....

Thanks for reminding me of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.