the free club coaches

mcfc49

I boarded the free club coaches yesterday at 1 15, along with 300 other city fans looking forward to seeing city play at palace. For some reason none of the 6 coaches left until 2 0clock. I heard a story saying that we were delayed so city tv could get a picture of us all leaving together. Another was that we were delayed for one of the coach drivers, who needed to take a 45 minute break for his tacograph. none of the coaches arrived until well after the kick off I got in the ground at 8.25. There was some traffic delay but nothing major. In any case 6 and a half hours is not long enough to get to palace. Lots of city fans who had done the trip before were saying they thought it was going to be touch and go to get to palace in time. Ian cheeseman said he was going to discuss this on his blue Tuesday programme tonight, we saw him in the services on the way back. In any case this is a bad cock up from whoever organised the free coaches. I believe this is the 3rd time that club coaches have arrived late for palace away. my away game was ruined before the match started and I believe the club should compensate the 300 fans in some way for their wasted forty pound away tickets.

If that's the third time it's happeneded I don't know why you'd put your day at risk by going with them anyway then.

SouthStandCal said:
If that's the third time it's happeneded I don't know why you'd put your day at risk by going with them anyway then.
I only found this out on the way done. if you get on a club organised trip you do so in good faith that they might have some idea on how long it takes to get to an away ground.

Shambles. Whoever decided on that departure time just hasn't a clue what they're doing. I run a supporters club coach and we left at 12 noon. Others I understand left at 11am. Our driver told me before we left that the club's free coaches wouldn't make it in time and he was spot on.

The problem was that City organised the transport - usually it is the supporters club. The usual supporters club coach firm were never offered the job and instead it was given to a firm from Stafford, who had to get up to Manchester first, That wont have helped with their driving hours/breaks requirement. Why they couldn't give the job to the usual Manchester based coach firms who have the experience of taking us week-in week-out I don't know.

The club didn't have to provide free coaches. OK you weren't happy but have you complained to the club? Wouldn't that have been better instead of coming on an internet forum and slagging off the club for the world to see which could make the club think twice before they lay on free transport again.

Maybe they didn't use the usual coach companies because the coach companies had other bookings? I know that I had a little trouble a few weeks back booking a coach from a regular coach company for a junior football team because their regular company had overbooked.

Must be annoying granted but there have been times when ordinary coaches have got to matches late. It happens and from what I heard there was a lot of traffic on the road with some hold ups.

Just trying to look at it from another angle. :-)

Eccles Blue said:
The club didn't have to provide free coaches. OK you weren't happy but have you complained to the club? Wouldn't that have been better instead of coming on an internet forum and slagging off the club for the world to see which could make the club think twice before they lay on free transport again.

Maybe they didn't use the usual coach companies because the coach companies had other bookings? I know that I had a little trouble a few weeks back booking a coach from a regular coach company for a junior football team because their regular company had overbooked.

Must be annoying granted but there have been times when ordinary coaches have got to matches late. It happens and from what I heard there was a lot of traffic on the road with some hold ups.

Just trying to look at it from another angle. :-)
the club have made a mistake which has affected 300 city fans. if the coaches had set off at a reasonable time then we would have had a chance of arriving on time. Someone within the club has made a mistake hopefully in the future they wont make the same mistake. Why would city think twice about using some of the £250,000 each club gets to spend on away fans on away coaches just because they have made a mistake. That is one the reasons I have raised this matter on here. When they went to Wembley on a sunday for a 2 oclock kick off they left at 6 am. City do a lot of good things for the fans and have tried in this instance. In the future whoever books the coaches will hopefully discuss it with people who know about away travel whether for free coaches or for coaches fans have to pay for.

Only city could turn a decent gesture into a fuck up!

12 hour round trip on a bank holiday is dedication and I take my hat off to those that did it.

Wow that is shocking.

That's a refund on the match ticket in my book.

How can someone do their job that badly and fail to organise a correct leaving time.

I thought we were past the shoddy ways of running things.

just listening to blue Tuesday now as I knew they were going to discuss this and dave from king of the kippax who was on my coach was chatting with ian cheeseman about it. the club are apparently saying that only a couple of coaches were late and they were only delayed by five minutes departing both of which are lies. and the coaches would have arrived on time if there hadn't been any bank holiday traffic. dave said this was nonsense and the club should try talking with the fans a bit more something they stopped doing after gary cook left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.