The FTSE

@hammocity please please only go anywhere near this with money you are happy to say goodbye to.

Crypto is a not an investment any more than than an all favourite 3 team acca with Bet365.
Thanks, it sort of frightens me into thinking the early investors made a profit paid for by later investments. I'm sure it's more complicated than that but like Ponzi schemes it's unregulated, not for me but as I said before I do lack knowledge on the subject.

Thanks, it sort of frightens me into thinking the early investors made a profit paid for by later investments. I'm sure it's more complicated than that but like Ponzi schemes it's unregulated, not for me but as I said before I do lack knowledge on the subject.
Every other asset has an underlying value backed by something tangible. Crypto was “invented” as a currency for people to use in exchange for goods and services but it’s not being used for that and it can’t be used for that as anyone would be crazy to spend Bitcoin as it’s value is rising. This means that it’s impossible to use it for its own intended purpose. It’s a paradox that will be the end of it if it continues.

Crypto is not used for anything, it produces nothing, it pays no dividend. It’s growth is entirely sentiment led and it’s made tens of thousands of people multi-millionaires.

Throw a few grand in for sure but not your pension.

A work colleague of mine is leaving his well paid job next Friday to become a full time cryptocurrency trader. He has been doing it in his spare time over the last 4-5 years and has made enough money to not need to work for the next 5 years. He reckons by trading full time he will make enough over the next few years to retire. He's only 36

A work colleague of mine is leaving his well paid job next Friday to become a full time cryptocurrency trader. He has been doing it in his spare time over the last 4-5 years and has made enough money to not need to work for the next 5 years. He reckons by trading full time he will make enough over the next few years to retire. He's only 36
I know a couple of people that are similar. Ones a professional gambler and ones a pro poker player.

Your mate is doing similar and good luck to him!

Just won the huge American contract on the B52 Bombers announced late last night. Worth $2.6 Billion. Was expected to go to Pratt & Witney. These will surge again Monday Morning. Got quite a few of these when they did the Rights Issue back end of last year. Absolute killing has been made on these now.
Put this on as I’ve watched them since @worsleyweb pushed them but didn’t get on board. Went on holiday instead :) Great tip,so far though, were around 100 at the time.

China ban bitcoin every few months, they are getting ready to bring their own crypto out, to run alongside their traditional currency.

Put this on as I’ve watched them since @worsleyweb pushed them but didn’t get on board. Went on holiday instead :) Great tip,so far though, were around 100 at the time.
Well as I said on my last post these would surge Monday morning due to the huge contract with the American defence, Up another 7% already this Morning. If the ITP sale goes through this week they'll go through the roof again. Happy days.

Well as I said on my last post these would surge Monday morning due to the huge contract with the American defence, Up another 7% already this Morning. If the ITP sale goes through this week they'll go through the roof again. Happy days.
I’m up 47% on my initial stake. Still keeping it for a while yet though.

I’m up 47% on my initial stake. Still keeping it for a while yet though.

I bought in at 90 cashed out some and cashed out the balance this am at 140. On the back of a very successful trade with RBS last year on my best run on the shares for a long time based on not much more than a gut feel.

My private pension has jumped £26k in 12 months, despite essentially paying in the minimum amount during Covid.

I didn't want to freeze it, but I'm in for roughly £240 in contributions during that period.

It's not buying in to Amazon in 1998, but it's the biggest return I've ever had for such a minimal outlay.

Kudos to my financial adviser!
A pension I paid just 3k into between 1984-1989 which is now with Aviva was worth 85k before Covid, dropped to 73k but now back to 80k, meeting an IFA (my sister works for him) next couple of weeks for advice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.