The General Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
worsleyweb said:
SWP's back said:
whp.blue said:
Actually in a previous post you actually stated the I and others had driven people away
if that is not accusing me I don't know what is I would respectfully suggest you check what you have posted

Fuck knows. He's on a mission today.

I'll pop back in here where Damocles is on.

It's pathetic he Is treating grown men like kids. We can't gloat? How can we not post on a forum ina happy or pleased method of we feel passionate about something. I posted something reasonable last night and was insulted in a personal manner. I asked where my post was offensive and got no answer. The same thing happened on the Palestine thread. It has been 50 50 on here.

I could t care less if I get banned - he has made himself look ridiculous.. Dare I say someone who works in the public sector and moderates an Internet forum. No point by arguing with them- would last one day in the real world.

I am still waiting for a response on his unfounded accusation against me silence seems to be a preferred tactic

Damocles said:
kas_tippler said:
SWP's back said:
Brilliant although a few on here thought the name and claimed the Tories ere running scared when we mocked the sham.
Stupid but not as stupid as I expected, compassion i agree with.

This is my problem with Brand - "we need a compassionate society" literally means nothing at all. Any act can be skewed as "compassionate". You could say that the Holocaust was a compassionate act where millions of people were helpfully clothed, fed and given a job by the state then allowed to enter paradise earlier than expected.

Compassion is a spin word that politicians use entirely because it means everything and nothing. When Brand says it what he is actually saying is "I don't know what to do"

Let's see how compassionate he is to the newly elected majority government.

SWP's back said:
@BluePhil8 said:
whp.blue said:
That is a direct accusation

You and another staunch Tory supporter have kept me out of this thread. After the last TV showing you went way over board with your attack on Labour and just generally acted like a baboon and quite smug because Ed tripped as he walked of the stage. WTF was that all about?
Then you're a mard arse if that kept you out of a thread.

Anyone to the right of Marx has been accused of being selfish, toff, poor hating, I'm alright jack, idiot, media led scum c**ts (and that's really just a very small amount of the abuse thrown in that direction).

People should really grow up and wipe their fannies.
This is probably what the Mods mean when they say it's a bad atmosphere in here? I only made a passive comment and I'm now a mard arse with a fanny.

I think, along with 1997 and 1945 this will go down as a truly seismic election night whose consequences will be just as far reaching as both those general elections.

The Tories have demonstrated that this nation's voters are conservative with a small 'c' and whether you admire or revile George Osborne it's difficult to escape from the fact that he's engineered what appears to be a master stroke of timing with the economy; whether it's a sleight of hand or not, remains to be seen. Cameron, as incumbent Prime Minster always oozed palpably more statesmanship than Miliband, which will have assisted the Tories cause greatly. He's in for a testing second term though. The right wing of his party is populated by an odious bunch of cunts and with such a small majority, they will hold a bit more of the whip hand than the last parliament when they were kept in check by the Lib Dem voting block.

Labour are potentially staring into the abyss. In all probability without that rump of Scottish MPs they will be virtually unelectable for the next decade as the economy continues to grow. They've got a lot of big decisions to make. Shift to the left and 'virtually' becomes 'completely' - and they need to guard against this imo. The bare facts are that most people in this country who engage with the electoral process either are, or consider themselves to be middle class. This is an inescapable mathematical truth which they forget at their peril. Their next leader needs to be chosen wisely.

I'm hugely disappointed about the Lib Dem return, which I expected to be nearer the 25 mark. I felt they did the right thing in 2010 and have played a part in curtailing the worst excesses of the Tories. They also had a lot of good constituency MPs who've lost their seats. This country needs a broad range of political parties and I really hope that this setback doesn't consign the party to a period of political irrelevance like they suffered in the middle of the last century. It's possible they could shift significantly to the left to fill the gap potentially left by Labour. I certainly don't blame Clegg for going into coalition with the Tories. Anyone who does fails to appreciate what ultimately motivates politicians: power. To expect a politician not to seize such an opportunity is like expecting a City fan not to smile when united get beat.

UKIP have peaked as a political force imo, but they also might be able to fill the gap left by a Labour shift to the right. Appealing to the disenfranchised white working classes is something they've latched onto to some effect more recently and a tactic they may well try to develop further going forward. Their pitiful return in terms of the number of seats compared to the number of votes they garnered is a shameful indictment on an electoral system which is both anachronistic and undemocratic. The EU referendum could, whichever way it goes, prove to be a pivotal moment in the downwards decline of the party, however.

The SNP are huge winners, obviously. They'll get pretty much anything they want short of independence from the Tories. It suits both their agendas. Notwithstanding that, I believe the fault lines in the Union are so pronounced now that full blown independence is inevitable within a decade. There will be significant pressure from the people both nations to effectuate that in the coming years, especially from Scotland when the price of oil starts to rise again.

As to me, what will the next five years hold? I'll be better of financially, of that I'm pretty certain. I've had a few tough years in that regard and I've really started to come out the other side in the last twelve months. I fully expect that to continue under a Conservative government, as I believe they are discernibly better at running the economy than Labour.

That doesn't mean I'm happy with the outcome, however. I believe in positively engaging with Europe and there are too many people in the Tory party who are fundamentally at odds with me on this. Their right wing is populated by deeply unpleasant people who are a complete anathema to my liberal outlook on life and the world. Primarily, however, I want to be part of a country at ease with itself. There will always be people doing better than others: that is the nature of human affairs, but those that are doing well have a duty to try and help those less fortunate than themselves. We are a wealthy country and the social care we provide for those less fortunate should reflect that. I believe this is something which Conservatives simply fail to accept or appreciate sufficiently. Maybe I'm a left wing Tory at heart, but that doesn't mean I could ever bring myself to vote for them. Too many cunts by far.

Whatever I think, it's going to be an interesting five years. To think, five years ago we hadn't won a trophy for 34 years.

How time flies.

@BluePhil8 said:
SWP's back said:
@BluePhil8 said:
You and another staunch Tory supporter have kept me out of this thread. After the last TV showing you went way over board with your attack on Labour and just generally acted like a baboon and quite smug because Ed tripped as he walked of the stage. WTF was that all about?

Anyone to the right of Marx has been accused of being selfish, toff, poor hating, I'm alright jack, idiot, media led scum c**ts (and that's really just a very small amount of the abuse thrown in that direction).

This is probably what the Mods mean when they say it's a bad atmosphere in here? I only made a passive comment and I'm now a mard arse with a fanny.

this is the inarticulate showman SWP you are dealing with though.. (I am sure he agrees) you gotta just think fuck him!

worsleyweb said:
SWP's back said:
whp.blue said:
Actually in a previous post you actually stated the I and others had driven people away
if that is not accusing me I don't know what is I would respectfully suggest you check what you have posted

Fuck knows. He's on a mission today.

I'll pop back in here where Damocles is on.

It's pathetic he Is treating grown men like kids. We can't gloat? How can we not post on a forum ina happy or pleased method of we feel passionate about something. I posted something reasonable last night and was insulted in a personal manner. I asked where my post was offensive and got no answer. The same thing happened on the Palestine thread. It has been 50 50 on here.

I could t care less if I get banned - he has made himself look ridiculous.. Dare I say someone who works in the public sector and moderates an Internet forum. No point by arguing with them- would last one day in the real world.
Look I've nothing against mods, PB and Ducado I know in person and they are both great blokes and I'd never denigrate them for being mods on a forum, they do a great job. Damocles is Damocles, he's incredibly knowledgeable and fair (and has banned me for my own good on a number of occasions over the years).

But it does seem a little one sided today in where the threats are going to.

There's been some great debate in this thread on both sides, but it does seem to be a bit bitty now.

totallywired said:
kas_tippler said:
totallywired said:
Seems to be a lot of tories on this forum, which is strange, considering Manchester is all labour. Didn`t realise so many on here were from outside our wonderful city.
Doesn't seem to work like that anymore, people aren't voting Labour just because their dads did.
They do in Manchester.

They do in Ellesmere Port too where my Out-Laws come from

04009515-9e5d-4acf-9698-a8cf2e655694.jpg

@BluePhil8 said:
SWP's back said:
@BluePhil8 said:

Yes. You said someone kept you out of the thread by laughing at Ed falling over.

Cameron has been called a scum toff **** on a near hourly basis. And?

And nothing. Everyone on here is an adult, there are people on the left I listen to and debate with and others I skip past as they wish for lib dems to fuck off and die. I wouldn't not go into a pub just because there were people by the bar that I didn't like.

Pretty sure Ducado doesn't work for the Public Sector.
And the attacks on Rascal were pretty unsavoury. Rascal once posted something, a couple of years back, that gave insight into how his life really is as someone who suffers from quite debilitating conditions. If you have met him in real life then you understand where he is coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.