The girl I once knew.

Theres an Italian phrase that I'm neither Italian or artistic enough to use properly.

Something about not revisiting "minestra riscaldata"
Same soup reheated/I don't like old flames essentially.
I agree of course. Was never like that though (unlike subsequent women I'd never return to). More akin to rounding something off.
I'll sit with this for a while though as the weekend was a bit of roller coaster trip to nostalgia land.

Same soup reheated/I don't like old flames essentially.
I agree of course. Was never like that though (unlike subsequent women I'd never return to). More akin to rounding something off.
I'll sit with this for a while though as the weekend was a bit of roller coaster trip to nostalgia land.

The big thing with this memory is at the age you both were our hormones and intensity are at their peak. This wanes as we age. Having said that life is too short and we owe it to ourselves to grab every chance of happiness we can.

The big thing with this memory is at the age you both were our hormones and intensity are at their peak. This wanes as we age. Having said that life is too short and we owe it to ourselves to grab every chance of happiness we can.
Absolutely. In saying that, my hormones never seem to have settles....I got bleeding acne recently :)

This is all a bit of a psychological trip. A really odd one to comprehend. There's many other people that have entered and re entered my life I've no desire to make contact with.

This one is a bit of a haunting though. The last time I saw her (I was maybe 16 - a year later I'd moved away for good) was at that bonfire event at a local pub. There in the cold, dark evening surround by hordes of people she spotted me, mentioned me to her friends and I could tell she wanted me to go over and speak to her but I didn't.
It's always been an indelible image 32 years on.
That and the fact I kind of turned her down in the 'day time' away from those magical parties has always left a bit of a scar. And reminded of her at the weekend (I struggled to picture her over the years) was really lovely.

Nothing will happen. There'll be no contact to try and the drumming up of an imaginary relationship.
Merely a thank you for being a shining light in my darker moments in my life. One of a few people.
If I decide to proceed (with huge caution as this could have sharp implications) it will be simply as that and hope it makes her smile.

Absolutely. In saying that, my hormones never seem to have settles....I got bleeding acne recently :)

This is all a bit of a psychological trip. A really odd one to comprehend. There's many other people that have entered and re entered my life I've no desire to make contact with.

This one is a bit of a haunting though. The last time I saw her (I was maybe 16 - a year later I'd moved away for good) was at that bonfire event at a local pub. There in the cold, dark evening surround by hordes of people she spotted me, mentioned me to her friends and I could tell she wanted me to go over and speak to her but I didn't.
It's always been an indelible image 32 years on.
That and the fact I kind of turned her down in the 'day time' away from those magical parties has always left a bit of a scar. And reminded of her at the weekend (I struggled to picture her over the years) was really lovely.

Nothing will happen. There'll be no contact to try and the drumming up of an imaginary relationship.
Merely a thank you for being a shining light in my darker moments in my life. One of a few people.
If I decide to proceed (with huge caution as this could have sharp implications) it will be simply as that and hope it makes her smile.

Yes it can be odd, lots of people bang on about meeting up after years but it's rarely the same when you do, but I have had some good meets here and there.

I see it as a no lose situation making contact unless you want it to remain a "What if " wistful memory you take to the grave. Some people like that melancholy feeling and retain it as a nice memory. Others given the chance think they'll seize the day and see if that what if turns into something more tangible.

Last edited:
Yes it can be odd, lots of people bang on about meeting up after years but it's rarely the same when you do, but I have had some good meets here and there.

I see it as a no lose situation making contact unless you want it to remain a "What if " wistful memory you take to the grave. Some people like that melancholy feeling and retain it as a nice memory. Others given the chance think they'll seize the day and see if that what if turns into something tangible.
That's exactly it.
And more than anything that's my quandary here.
I feel as though these days I'm good at living in the present as the past and future just cause pain or anxiety. It's taken while to practice it. Drives me mad when people are obsessed with their past (80's nights, listening to the same bands....watching constant re runs of TV shows). And this is almost like a 'you should never meet your hero' and could potentially indeed deflate these wonderful, wistful memories.
She might be right wing, anti vac loon and then - poof - all that is gone.

That's exactly it.
And more than anything that's my quandary here.
I feel as though these days I'm good at living in the present as the past and future just cause pain or anxiety. It's taken while to practice it. Drives me mad when people are obsessed with their past (80's nights, listening to the same bands....watching constant re runs of TV shows). And this is almost like a 'you should never meet your hero' and could potentially indeed deflate these wonderful, wistful memories.
She might be right wing, anti vac loon and then - poof - all that is gone.
Suppose she’s married with kids and you showing up is a complication to her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.