The girl I once knew.

Go for it. Life’s too short to have regrets about things you could have done and didn‘t.

What’s the worst that can happen?
Thanks mate. Indeed (although your last line fills me with minor trepidation :) )
Get in touch mate. She’d like that I guarantee it. Doesn’t have to be anything more than just that getting in touch and saying that nice thing.

I used to have a girl when I was in my teens who I used to spend time with on our own. We were never boyfriend and girlfriend, but we would never see each other with mates and we’d always meet alone and go to quiet places together. We’d always end up kissing (never had sex with her though).

When I was going off to uni I wrote her a letter (didn’t have mobile phones or social media in the 90s) saying how much I loved spending time with her and things like “maybe we’ll meet again in the future” and that sort of thing.

We randomly met again about four years ago. She’s married with a kid now, but our conversation was great and although she did say she’d always been pissed off with me that I’d never tried to find her over the years, she did tell me that she’d always kept that letter in her Mam+Dad’s loft and she reads it from time-to-time.

That meant a lot to me.

We’ve not spoken since. She’s married after all, but it was great to see her again that one time.

So I’m sure you telling her what she meant to you all those years ago would mean a lot to her.
^^ Almost the same scenario isn't it (we never had sex either...but let's just say it's a good job I never mer her dad and shook his hand after I took her home).
My mates all got girlfriends in their late teens but I could never do that, but with this girl I experienced 'stuff' way before they did.

As some may know, I've had a torrid few years and it's only this year I've settled into myself finally.
Separated three years ago and date a few times early on after the break up (exactly the wrong time to do that perhaps). Very happily single now, and I occasionally toy with the idea of dating again (in fact I had a lovely offer from a gorgeous Doctor down in Cheshire recently...but something didn't feel quite right/or I'm still better of as I am for the time being.

Apologies for the long post. I did try to truncate!
In case the message was missed, I've no intention whatsoever to try and (somehow!!) start a relationship up.
We were never in love (I did have heartbreak in my early 20's and that's someone I'd never in a million years try to reach out to). We're vastly different people these days.

It's really a case of telling another human being how (perhaps unwittingly) they changed someones life and left an indelible influence on, even 30 odd years later.
Her mum died last year (she still lived near my mum) and the obituary online was the reason I picked her surname up and found her ironically.

She was definitely someone who everyone fancied and liked, so I feel really lucky I had those moments, but when asked to take it further I declined (for whatever reason....intense shyness perhaps one of them).
That picture of her I found yesterday (at the age I've would've known her) just brought this amazing bunch of emotions over that's filled me weekend. A huge ball of electric loveliness.

It's rare I look back and I alluded to that in my post hopefully, but very occasionally (if positive) it's nice to dip ones toes back into it.

The quandary is whether this would be taken the wrong way/cause upset for what really is just me being more open these days. Cognisant anything can backfire.

Thanks all!

I love the fact posters are still willing to bare their souls on BM even though we are a bunch of fucking degenerate sex pests (OK, I might be just talking about me)
I'd say just pester her to death but I'd also say don't ever take life advice from Phil1 because he's a wrong'un.
Anyway, look forward to a happy ending. :-)

I love the fact posters are still willing to bare their souls on BM even though we are a bunch of fucking degenerate sex pests (OK, I might be just talking about me)
I'd say just pester her to death but I'd also say don't ever take life advice from Phil1 because he's a wrong'un.
Anyway, look forward to a happy ending. :-)
I'm still waiting for more details on the hand up skirt implementation....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.