The good pundits

Hansen, Lineker, GNeville, Carragher, Trevor Francis, & even Niall Quinn. There was also some white or bald haired bloke that seemed pretty sharp but haven't seen him in years, perhaps he was a journalist

Hansen, Lineker, GNeville, Carragher, Trevor Francis, & even Niall Quinn. There was also some white or bald haired bloke that seemed pretty sharp but haven't seen him in years, perhaps he was a journalist

Trevor Francis is bloody terrible.

IMHO.

Gary Neville....
Owen Hargreaves talks some sense.
Lee Dixon.

The problem with football punditry is most (if not all) of the guys involved with the game who actually know about it intellectually are too busy managing/coaching clubs or are still playing to have any time to talk for a minute on a tv/radio show.

All the numpties, those who failed at coaching/managing or werent even overly successful players, or were successful players but are daft as a brush and couldn't coach for shit... They end up on these shows.

I mean Gary Neville comes across quite well and knowledgeable yet he was completely owned when he had a go at managing for real.

You'll see the likes of Dwight Yorke, Shearer, Savage and so on because they are absolutely shit at coaching.
If they were "good" they'd be managing clubs in the champs league right now.

I think this sums up so called "pundits" on the whole, failed as a manager (Neville, Shearer) yet can talk shit about how a team is set up or how poor certain teams play. Anything that they say (even though Neville is one of the better ones) surely must not be taking with any sort of substance from anyone who has any knowledge of managing a football team (successfully), it's no wonder Wenger gets sick of them talking shit about his team (even though sometimes it is justified).

I'd love to be a football manager, hear Shearer lay into my team after losing and I'd just reply with, "Couldn't hack it at Newcastle though could you mate?".

Redknapp (Harry) is considered as some sort of pundit demi-god when he decides to grace the punditry booth, yet on the whole, has driven club after club in financial peril, which largely gets ignored and instead we just want to hear a soundbite about someone being a 'triffic player.

As the above post says, there are reasons why your Jenas/Murphy/Wio/Owen etc will fill the punditry scene for a while, and that's because they'd do fuck all if they bothered to practice what they preach.

Neville, Souness, Dean Saunders I really like too. Thats about it.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't mind Saunders. He's interesting to listen to and he has some cracking stories although some are fabricated according to some members on here.
The main pundits for me are Neville, Jenas, Murphy and Souness. I like Kamara for the entertainment value.

The list would be too long for the bad pundits but special mention to Steve "pointy" macca, Nial Quinn CHRIS SUTTON!, Robbie Savage, Collymore and Craig Burley

All the numpties, those who failed at coaching/managing or werent even overly successful players, or were successful players but are daft as a brush and couldn't coach for shit... They end up on these shows.

Completely agree. They also lack the personal courage to do something that could be difficult, choosing instead to throw rocks at others from the sidelines. Most are spineless, talentless wankers and it can only be a question of time before one of them gets a well-deserved battering outside the ground.

Tricky is in a tiny minority group of pundits that are credible, plus Jenas, Murphy, Souness and Chuckle #1.

Being a coach/manager is about being pro active thinking on your feet, setting your team up to have an edge over the opposition and adapting to different scenarios

punditry is reactive anyone with a little knowledge of the game can do it all you have to do is analyse what has happened with all the cameras and gadgets they have this is why people are fooled into thinking the likes of Neville..Carragger etal are clued up....as someone said earlier Shearer, Neville etc were found wanting as coaches/managers I find none of them insightful in anyway and very rarely do I listen or watch any analysis on match of the day, MNF etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.