The Greengrocer's Apostrophe

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
What about the use of their/there/they're in a appropriate sentence...... i believe an epidemic has spread like a virus across our shores, i blame the Irish.

Its true the Irish are stupid, they also live in bogs, have a dozen children each, murder each other even though they are fundamentally the same religion, dont like to work, do like to work (if its paving driveways), drink themselves to death at an early age & only eat potatoes ; )

Didsbury Dave said:
Soulboy said:
Far, far, FAR worse than this are the half-wits who don't know the difference between "have" and "of".

I should of... NO you fucking dimwits , it's I should HAVE.

What the fuck do they teach kids nowadays?

And breathe...

That's an irritating one, but it isn't permanently erected in 4 foot, illuminated letters as a permanent headstone for the English language.

It is. In my head. And it never gets any smaller.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:03 am --<br /><br />
scottyboi said:
What about the use of their/there/they're in a appropriate sentence...... i believe an epidemic has spread like a virus across our shores, i blame the Irish.

There out of control these paddy's ;) lmao

Another one on a wind-up?

Or just can't spell either?

I go for the latter...

Coinnéach said:

Its true the Irish are stupid, they also live in bogs, have a dozen children each, murder each other even though they are fundamentally the same religion, dont like to work, do like to work (if its paving driveways), drink themselves to death at an early age & only eat potatoes ; )

You're being a bit harsh on the Irish there, mate.

Most have houses these days.

Coinnéach said:

A sentence that size about the Irish and not one mention of horses running through Council estates.

What a load of bollock's.

Unfortunately, as a PA/Secretary, I have spent all of my working life ensuring that the spelling of reports/presentations etc is correct.

It winds me up seeing things spelt badly and I have to take a deep breath and ignore it because I know other people don't see it as I do.

I can't even use text speech when sending a text. It's very sad:-(

m27 said:
Coinnéach said:

A sentence that size about the Irish and not one mention of horses running through Council estates.

Forgot about that....

....while a horse runs through a housing estate with a pale skinned, ginger haired girl looks on.

Back to point tho, if you hate bad grammar theres a good book about it, its called 'Eats shoots & leaves' by Lynne Truss

Didsbury Dave said:
Lark Lane Blue said:
I have noticed it appearing in the 20 pizza menu's that fall through my letterbox every day.
They're great for learning all the new spellings too
Only this morning I got one offering me a "goasts cheese pizza" for £6.

I hope you're being ironic, mate.

You'll say you were even if you weren't, of course.
Shop near me sells "sandwitches" and you can also buy "interational phone cards" Not hand written either actually printed on the front of the shop!

Coinnéach said:
m27 said:

Forgot about that....

....while a horse runs through a housing estate with a pale skinned, ginger haired girl looks on.

Back to point tho, if you hate bad grammar theres a good book about it, its called 'Eats shoots & leaves' by Lynne Truss

I'm warming to this:

"....the horse is ridden by a topless boy in long trousers with no shoes on and eyebrows on his cheeks..."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.