The Guardian's 100 best UK number ones

The thing with lists are they are someone's opinion. You don't have to respect their opinion but you should respect that they have an opinion.
I see them as kind of talking points really it's just somebody's opinion there is no Richter scale on what is a better song than another.
I will say I think melody is a strong indicator of a good song, a memorable melody.
There are some songs that I don't particularly like but I appreciate that they have a good melody.
River deep Mountain High would be a good example of that I don't like it but it has an awesome melody.
I used to like writing songs and I found that the melody was the hardest part.
We all have our favourite songs.

I thought it was just a reflection of the shite people buy rather than the awful tastes of the journalist, but I've just used this to search two random weeks, one in 1984 and one in 1966, and came up with Two Tribes by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks, and Paint it Black by the Stones, which are better than any of the ones on that list (unless I missed them and they were there).

The thing with lists are they are someone's opinion. You don't have to respect their opinion but you should respect that they have an opinion.

I think this list is the result of the views of numerous music writers

But yes these lists are a bit pointless as your own preferences are the only ones that really matter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.