#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't see how gundogun single handedly slows the tempo down, can't make a single forward pass and won't help the defence out then I'm afraid I can't help you
He is the link between defence and offence and when that link is broken it affects the whole team

I just don’t get it. For me Ilkay is a decent player but he doesn’t fit our style at all. He isn’t a DM and he isn’t a creative player. He is just a waste of a space in the staying 11. Of course sometimes he’s capable of good performances but him being in the starting 11 ahead of Foden, Bernardo, Mahrez etc is detrimental to our cause. I’ve got to the stage where I pray we sell him so Pep doesn’t get tempted to start him. I can see it, why can’t Pep?

Why is this allowed to be a separate thread, should just be under Gundogan's performances.

Gundogan blamed for everything as usual, give it a rest, it's not his fault he gets played out of position as a free 8 or that one time as a winger, but let's not blame him because his teammates fuck up that's such a weird thing, this whole "link" stuff that was being discussed is nonsense.

Gundogan will be 2nd choice DM for next season (Rodri first), if Pep keeps playing him as an 8 it's not his fault he isn't suited to it, blame Pep.

Why is this allowed to be a separate thread, should just be under Gundogan's performances.

Gundogan blamed for everything as usual, give it a rest, it's not his fault he gets played out of position as a free 8 or that one time as a winger, but let's not blame him because his teammates fuck up that's such a weird thing, this whole "link" stuff that was being discussed is nonsense.

Gundogan will be 2nd choice DM for next season (Rodri first), if Pep keeps playing him as an 8 it's not his fault he isn't suited to it, blame Pep.
Agree it’s Pep’s fault. The baffling thing for me is if 98% of fans can see how poor Gundogan is, why can’t the world’s greatest coach. There has been a suggestion that when Gundogan was delaying the signing of his contract extension a couple of years ago, he may have negotiated playing every game in the CL. Only said in jest at the time but that’s more likely than pep not seeing how useless and actually harmful Gundogan is to Man City

If your blaming one player for the Lyon defeat then i certainly dont need your help
Playing with Gundogan is like playing with 10 men. He’s just a passenger who can’t get the ball forward and can’t help out the defence. And more often than not you will lose when you play 10 against 11

Playing with Gundogan is like playing with 10 men. He’s just a passenger who can’t get the ball forward and can’t help out the defence. And more often than not you will lose when you play 10 against 11

So Pep Guardiola starts the majority of games with ten men , so how did we win half a dozen trophies with ten men under Pep ,? i think there might be a problem with your theory.
Appreciate you despise the player , but please come up with something tangible , instead of the bile your posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.