the haka...

Interesting piece here from the BBC about Campbell's role as media consultant in the O'Driscoll incident. Woodward had him on board as an advisor or consultant for his media experience.

New Zealand coach Graham Henry has attacked the role Lions media consultant Alastair Campbell has played since Saturday's first Test.

The incident which saw Lions captain Brian O'Driscoll injured and out of the tour has enjoyed as many headlines as the All Blacks' crushing 21-3 win.
New Zealand captain Tana Umaga has been heavily criticised for his role in the incident, and Henry blames Campbell.
"I'm sure it's all part of the policy - Mr Campbell and his policies," he said.
"It's another person to say the same thing the next day.
"I guess it's very irritating if everybody has to read that stuff all the time, but I guess that's what he's paid to do."

continues here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/international/4639977.stm

If that's true then BOD should have just told him to fuck off, I can't imagine too many other ways he thought the All Blacks would react tbh.

I usually enjoy it too and have seen several other Pacific countries performing their own haka type invitation to battle at various rugby league games but, and this is what has puzzled me, was the New Zealand haka a new one? Certainly wasn't the one I usually associate with them??

I usually enjoy it too and have seen several other Pacific countries performing their own haka type invitation to battle at various rugby league games but, and this is what has puzzled me, was the New Zealand haka a new one? Certainly wasn't the one I usually associate with them??
They have a few mate

I understand that and, quite often, they design a new one for a special event but I recall the same one being used for several years ..... and frankly, I missed it!!!

Recall seeing the Cook Islands & Tonga's too

Two years ago tonight at the Leigh Sports Village ... the way the two RL teams faced up to each other and the aggression in their respective 'hakas' I thought war was going to break out on the pitch!!!

My favourite was when the Aussies stood and blew kisses back at the Haka.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.