The Haka

B B

Ballet-on-ice

This really winds me up. Why is the opposing team made to stand and watch? Why can't or don't they turn their back in the them? Or stand and watch with smiles on their faces or mock their actions?

It seems to me that New Zealand are given a head start before every game. What England said they wanted to perform a Morris dance before the game (not very intimidating I know), would that be allowed?

I know it's tradition but why does the other team have to stand and silently watch?

They aren’t made to stand and watch they choose to as an act of defiance. Seem to recall the Aussies once turned their backs on the ABs during a Haka.
It’s a great sight to see but if one team can di it then the oppo should be able to do likewise during the performance such as wanker motions or clenched fist with the pinkie sticking out.

Last edited:
Because the Kiwis have a tantrum if anyone fails to show sufficient "respect".

Although Fran Cotton says he doesn’t recall saying it “look at the big poofs dancing” seems to have galvanised the North team when they played the AB’s way back, nowadays if you disrespect the Haka they feed off it if you respect it they think you are weak so it’s a win, win for them. Been at Twickenham and seen it and was glad when it was over and a game of rugby could break out.

Looks great but maybe the other team should either ignore it or sing something at the same time be it piss taking or a proper song.

Swing low perhaps for England.

Looks great but maybe the other team should either ignore it or sing something at the same time be it piss taking or a proper song.

Swing low perhaps for England.

Interestingly, because the players are forced to just watch, the Twickenham crowd decided the last few times to respond for them. Loud renditions of Swing Low during the haka.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.