The Harry Kane Team 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, can't see that going down too well with the players tbh.

None of the players are stupid enough to disrespect Levy. When Rose questioned Levy's management in a newspaper article, Levy paid him a visit. He has hardly played since.

Is he worth it? Most Spurs fans would say so. When he took over, Spurs were lower / mid table entertainers. Now they dine with the good and the great.

Last edited:
None of the players are stupid enough to disrespect Levy. When Rose questioned Levy's management in a newspaper article, Levy paid him a visit. He has hardly played since.

Is he worth it? Most Spurs fan would say so. When he took over, Spurs were lower / mid table entertainers. Now they dine with the good and the great.
No, they'll just leave instead.

Is he worth it? Most Spurs fan would say so. When he took over, Spurs were lower / mid table entertainers. Now they dine with the good and the great.

He’s hardly played because he’s been injured you plum!! He and a few others will be off if Levy doesn’t start paying them more than he’s currently getting. Then you can boast about winning the net spend trophy again.

Most clubs in European football would love to have Levy.

As an owner he must be a dream.

Buys cheap and sells expensive, all while putting players on wages that are hugely below the players market value.

How he managed to get Kane to sign up to £80k-£100k wages last year was utterly remarkable from a club finance perspective.

Kane could walk £300k in today’s market.

The issue i find is their methods will see them limited. The very best will not go with low wages so they are near the top but it feels like a case of "here is what you could have won". The players that develop well will see them as a stepping stone/a shop window. They will be thinking of grander things when you want them focusing just on spurs. With that comes stories that a team is circling their current star player and the destabilization that often causes.

Their owner should speculate now if ever he was going to make that jump for the very top. The wages issue especially will not help their cause in the long run imo.

The issue i find is their methods will see them limited. The very best will not go with low wages so they are near the top but it feels like a case of "here is what you could have won". The players that develop well will see them as a stepping stone/a shop window. They will be thinking of grander things when you want them focusing just on spurs. With that comes stories that a team is circling their current star player and the destabilization that often causes.

Their owner should speculate now if ever he was going to make that jump for the very top. The wages issue especially will not help their cause in the long run imo.

Agreed.

Their model suits the finances of the club, the owner and the shareholders.

From s fans perspective in regards to winning anything they will always come up short bar a one off season like Leicester.

You wonder whether building that stadium was the right time for this Spurs team because I think Potchettino would have preferred the bulk of that money going into this current team in regards to wages and new top class acquisitions.

He’s hardly played because he’s been injured you plum!! He and a few others will be off if Levy doesn’t start paying them more than he’s currently getting. Then you can boast about winning the net spend trophy again.

I don't think he will start paying more. He looks longer into the future than most fans

He knows Kane, Alli, Walker, Alderweireld, Eriksen, etc will eventually leave. Does he care? I doubt it. He knows more of them will be along soon enough. When did Bale leave? When did Modric leave? When did Walker leave? A couple of years ago? Now you'd hardly remember they were Spurs players. Players come, players go. It rarely makes much difference to Spurs. They slowly improve and Levy and most Spurs are happy with that despite some journalists trying to raise Spurs fans expectations and cause unhappiness.

Very surprised Kane's advisors took that deal on the chin, he could treble those wages and be playing for a club that actually wins something..
That said I hope they win the FA Cup but that's just for selfish reasons, if they were not playing the rags in the semi I wouldn't give a toss :-)

Most clubs in European football would love to have Levy.

As an owner he must be a dream.

Buys cheap and sells expensive, all while putting players on wages that are hugely below the players market value.

How he managed to get Kane to sign up to £80k-£100k wages last year was utterly remarkable from a club finance perspective.

Kane could walk £300k in today’s market.

Should they change it to "The game is about the balance sheet"

article-0-1635BE7E000005DC-95_468x313.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.