The Harry Kane Team 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
And won what in those last 10-15 years?

If you want to count Arsenal and Chelsea fans views on where you'll finish then they're not going to be to complimentary are they? Christ i had Rags and Liverpool to both be relegated!!

It's not just what Levy earns but what they're not earning compared to their counterparts. You can't say Kane is worth £200 million then pay him what someone worth £50m is.

It's not how it works.

This is something that pisses me off no end about Spurs. They don't pay players 'super salaries' (fair play) but then demand stupid money for those players that they dont value at or wont pay to that level they consider them at. Obviously its great business but how some of these players aren't kicking up I don't know. Maybe they are and we just don't hear about it. Rose obviously let fly, but that doesn't tow the media party line of Spurs being champions of 2018 / the new busby babes (Loris came through their youth academy dont you know) and Deli Alli being the best young player on the planet.

This is something that pisses me off no end about Spurs. They don't pay players 'super salaries' (fair play) but then demand stupid money for those players that they dont value at or wont pay to that level they consider them at. Obviously its great business but how some of these players aren't kicking up I don't know. Maybe they are and we just don't hear about it. Rose obviously let fly, but that doesn't tow the media party line of Spurs being champions of 2018 / the new busby babes (Loris came through their youth academy dont you know) and Deli Alli being the best young player on the planet.

Great business model if you want to keep costs down and get good prices for players, don't complain when no trophies are forthcoming.

Genuinely, I'm baffled as to where this supposed formula for calculating players' transfer values on the basis of their wages arose. The fact that Kane's wages might be one third that of Rooney's, for instance, doesn't mean that his value is one third that of Rooney's.

All that is relevant is that Kane is Spurs' most valuable player. And that is reflected in the fact that he is Spurs' best paid player. There is no formula to be applied.

Of course he does, and Walker, Bale, Modric, Berbatov, Carrick, anymore?

He won't pay the wages, you lose best players, club wins fuck all.

Simples..

Inevitably, some players will leave. No easy way of getting around it. Spurs pay what they can.

Not as exaggerated as any of their successes during the same period.

Success is relative. Compared to the basket case that Spurs were under Sugar and the first few years of ENIC's stewardship, the past 10-15 years have seen tangible and sustained progress on and off the pitch.

Success is relative. Compared to the basket case that Spurs were under Sugar and the first few years of ENIC's stewardship, the past 10-15 years have seen tangible and sustained progress on and off the pitch.

Maybe, but a lot of clubs could say the same with increased Sky money. But if you could see it from our angle, & the ridiculous bullshit level we had to listen to over the years with Harry Redknapp, tv studios full of ex Spurs' pundits etc, etc, you would understand what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.