The high street is becoming blue. The times are changing.

Terminal 3:
307qk93.jpg

Haha that brings back some great memories

Wow that rolls back the years. I was talking to another 'old blue' mate the other day and we were reminiscing about the League Table we used to get in the 1950/60's at the start of the Season. You cut out the Teams label ,slotted them in and moved them up and down the League each Saturday. We had to do that sort of thing pre-internet.

There's a shop called Soccer Master just outside of St. Louis, an area called, would you believe, Manchester, shop is situated on Manchester Road.
Last time I was in there was around 2005. Usual suspects Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, shirts but nothing City. Of course I took exception and jokingly kicked up a fuss. Half the staff, bits of kids, hadn't heard of us. Looking on their website it's a bit different now

https://www.soccermaster.com/Manche...sc&attL=&varL=&catL=&brandL=&priceL=&ratingL=

Was in St John's in Newfoundland earlier in the year, and the mom and pop sports store on water Street had a city shirt in the window. All the other sports shirts were ice hockey teams with city the lone football shirt !

Currently in Mexico City and seen a few City shirts and very few Utd. It used to be where ever you went there was either Uts or Liverpool shirts. Times are a changing. I am off to the Azteca stadium tomorrow to watch a match wearing the city shirt.

There's a shop called Soccer Master just outside of St. Louis, an area called, would you believe, Manchester, shop is situated on Manchester Road.
Last time I was in there was around 2005. Usual suspects Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, shirts but nothing City. Of course I took exception and jokingly kicked up a fuss. Half the staff, bits of kids, hadn't heard of us. Looking on their website it's a bit different now

https://www.soccermaster.com/Manche...sc&attL=&varL=&catL=&brandL=&priceL=&ratingL=
$200 for a shirt???. Wow

Seeing that does please me as when I was a lad it was red garbage everywhere and one City calendar and a season review, I used to spend ages turning all the garbage around or putting City stuff in front of it, don't think I'd even need to bother now!
I still shove the MU birthday cakes to the back of the shelf at my Tesco store, and stick MCFC cakes or others in front of them.

My girlfriend lives in Warwick and her next door neighbours are City supporters, especially the youngest boy who's 13.

Nothing remarkable in that except that they are actually Ethiopian and lived in Sweden before moving to England. Bit by bit, generation by generation we're taking over the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.