The Hindsight Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Trautmann's Chiropractor, 18 Feb 2018.

1. Dax777

Dax777

Fair enough.

Albeit I remembered arguing we should have just gone for Alderweireld instead of paying for Demichelis. Even though I was a fan of Demi

2. City health warning

City health warning

Tricky one to predict as we would still would of had to juggle with the wage bill and would of still kept an eye on squad harmony.

3. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat

Don't buy Sinclair, RSC or Mangala

4. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

Gary Cahill when we came knocking at Bolton

He was holding on for us and then Chelsea swooped.

Would have been good with Vinny.

5. BJL_City

BJL_City

you imagine the reaction if Cahill had done what he did to Mason when he played for us? Would be Thatcher levels.

6. Trautmann's Chiropractor

Trautmann's Chiropractor

An alternative 11 of players we had genuine interest in but never signed (who are currently playing at a decent level)

Pickford
    Vrsaljko
    Alderweireld
    Benatia
    Alex Sandro
    Weigl
    Rakitic
    Isco
    Sanchez
    Dybala
    Hazard

Looka like a Fifa fan-boy’s wet dream but I’d still take our current squad over this one.

7. Javi Garcia's Hairstylist

Javi Garcia's Hairstylist

I think from the "pinch" summer when we were FFP limited to about 40k and got Mangala + Fernando for that, literally ANY other conceivable target would have probably been better.

Benatia as the CB would be the obvious shout there, as he was heavily linked and we did have a need for one. Or could have kept Nastasic, maybe and strengthened elsewhere (maybe there you get Dybala - there was some talk of him that summer - with the added bonus of eliminating the subsequent panic buy of Bony the next winter when we had no strikers fit)

Not a huge fan of hindsight for much of anything, TBH. Only when something seems quite stupid at the time do I get bothered at the relevant decision-maker's actions. ie Mangala had all the big clubs after him and Bony was a Ballon D'Or candidate that year (!?!?!?!?!?!?!)

8. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Should have stuck with Willy instead of buying Bravo.

9. vmsuhail

vmsuhail

Let us revisit the 2015/16 summer transfer window:

Kevin De Bruyne
    Raheem Sterling
    Otamendi
    Delph
    Roberts

It looks one of our best transfer windows in hindsight.

10. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I think most of the 'realistic' targets we have been linked with & haven't signed, who were willing to come, affordable & didn't involve bribing an agent, are fucking worse then than the biggest mistakes we made.

The ones we really would have benefitted from, were mostly the ones we couldn't have without paying stupid money or bribes.

Where we have fucked up, is spending for the sake of signing someone, when managers keeping the money & 'managing' would have been a better option.