The home brew thread

Just cleared out the man shed in prep for another brew for the summer, and tbh, right now. Low and behold, I have a keg full of a brew I did about 18m who. Checked it out, been under pressure and it tastes superb!

Isolation just got a whole lot better.

I bet it tastes superb. Eighteen months of storage makes it a vintage.

Just ordered the grains for a lager to do this weekend, with lagers you need to rest them for a good 6 week (not compulsory but you get better results), so going to do this now in time for summer. All in, including delivery were looking at 56p a pint. Going for what’s known as a lawnmower beer, light, crisp, refreshing. Aiming for something in the mould of a premium Pilsner.

I’ll probably throw a wine kit in too. Anyone got anything or plan on getting anything brewing?

I keep intending to do a cider as I hear it's even lower maintenance than lager, which isn't much maintenance at all if i'm honest. My last lager batches were a millstone around my neck. I'd get in from a night out or have finished my beers I had bought for the night, and then i'd start on my homebrew stash. I can't have a stockpile unfortunately.

Just had an early(24 hrs) Tap of my Pinter Winter Sun IPA

quite simply the best home brew i have ever tasted.

However the design is flawed because of too much gas in the keg causing it to froth like a cheap brass's yeast infected knickers. My first go at it though so i may well have norsed up the gas setting on the keg

The taste is at worst pub quality, Abv wise i'd say it is up there, I didn't get hydrometer readings as its an enclosed system and done on timings but a 1/2 pint made me a little warm so the advertised 5.5 wont be far off.

Would i recommend it?

Cons -
Buying the fresh presses is gonna work out at £1.50-£1.80 a pint
only a 10 pint batch
gassy at first pull makes a bit of a mess

Pros
Taste better than a pub
ease of brewing spot on
lots of choice on the fresh press without adding difficulty to brew day
could possibly work out how to use other brew kits to bring down price

Its close but the taste sways me to a yes, it is bloody wonderfulpinter winter sun day early.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.