The ''How The Hell Did We Lose That Game'' thread (26 years ago today..)

None of the games mentioned so far had any great historical importance attached to them even if we had won.

In my lifetime, and I've been watching the Blues since the mid 60's, our most significant loss was City versus Gordon Banks on April fools day in 1972.

Peeps, you wouldn't believe such a one sided game, with City being totally dominant and only (only, hah} one of the worlds greatest ever keepers pulling off world class save after world class save, would ultimately deny us the title of League Champions.

I know we lost, we let two goals in, and our form after that wasn't too great, but we would have beaten any other team by 5 or 6 goals that day if it wasn't for Gordon Banks.

If we had deservedly won that day, we would have been crowned champions, and, you know, even after all the years that have passed by since then, that day still irritates me when I think about it.

I was at that game and Bank's performance that day had to be seen to be believed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.