The Hughes out mob....

altheblue said:
biffa said:
How do you explain the Hughes tactic of HOOFING the ball, and how the world class players we are about to sign are going to adapt to it?

i hop hughes doesnt tells them players to hoof it , for me dunne ball richards cant pass the ball so they just hoof it and have been all season i remember at a game when elano kept passing the ball back to dunne . Dunne then just hoofed it , hughes was going mad at elano and he started shrugging his shoulders blaming the players in front . At the moment our so called team aint playing as a team because some are good players and the others are not on there wave length.
Nothing to do with wavelength it's all to do with players making themseves available and giving the player with the ball options. It takes more than one player to make a pass. So, Dunnie isn't particularly good at passing, lets solve it. His team mates then have to give him more options, Zab comes wide, Ball wide, Richards square or behind, central mid comes short (this is what Hamann does so well) and a.n.other midfield creates the triangle between Dunne and the winger. Other players may not get as many options because of where they play, for instance Robinho, but he's got such good control in tight positions that passing to him is easy without giving the vball away.
Would you like me to go on?

forevercity said:
not my fault! said:
How do you know? Sky said several times that he had the flu so didnt play. I can only comment on what we are told.

he isnt ill mate dropped.

Fair enough but he aint exactly set the world on fire this season has he. I only hear sky say he had flu so dont know anything else about it.

not my fault! said:
vbr said:
just an fyi, elano wasn't ill. hughes just left him out.

How do you know? Sky said several times that he had the flu so didnt play. I can only comment on what we are told.

hughes said it himself on the bbc website in the movie of his interview. he got dropped plain and simple.

not my fault! said:
Elano is ill so thats why he didnt play, and none of those others mentioned are proven to be any better except Garrido. How do you know SWP wasnt told too and just bottled out? Yeh Caicedo could have come on earlier but did he really make that much of an impact? A lucky goal! Robinho may have begged to play we just dont know?

Elano was fit to play, Hughes chose not to.

None of the others are proven to be better because they were sat on their arse while we lost to the bottom side.

In an effort to defend Hughes I've seen the Brazilians slagged, Svens "dross" slagged, the referees slagged and now SWP. Do you really think he lacks bottle?

Caicedo made more of an impact than Benjani or Vassell.

Don't care if Robinho begged to play, Hughes is supposed to be a manager.

vbr said:
not my fault! said:

hughes said it himself on the bbc website in the movie of his interview. he got dropped plain and simple.

I stand corrected then.

not my fault! said:
forevercity said:
trust city to put a downer on christmas ffs.

Agreed but I aint down, P1ssed off yeh but I genuinely think we will turn this around. We only need to put a few results in the bag to get us going again. Your a poster I respect, what do you think and be honest, Am I totaly wrong in what I posted? I just dont see sacking the manager the best way to move forward just yet.

im just mege down because ive already had about 10 messages and countless facebook taunts off the red bastards! not to mention christmas meal with my red old man!

i think what you posted is well thought and put across well mate, just appears everyone is extremelly pissed off tonight!

I think hughes will turn it round aswell, but I dont think he is the man to take us to glory, attract world class players like the owners want. I dont even think he is capable of us playing the kind of footy Sven had us playing last season, the popmy 6-0 appears to be a one off, and IIRC all 3 brazilians were on the pitch, and surprise surprise we win 6-0 and play some great footy

moomba said:
not my fault! said:
Elano is ill so thats why he didnt play, and none of those others mentioned are proven to be any better except Garrido. How do you know SWP wasnt told too and just bottled out? Yeh Caicedo could have come on earlier but did he really make that much of an impact? A lucky goal! Robinho may have begged to play we just dont know?

Elano was fit to play, Hughes chose not to.

None of the others are proven to be better because they were sat on their arse while we lost to the bottom side.

In an effort to defend Hughes I've seen the Brazilians slagged, Svens "dross" slagged, the referees slagged and now SWP. Do you really think he lacks bottle?

Caicedo made more of an impact than Benjani or Vassell.

Don't care if Robinho begged to play, Hughes is supposed to be a manager.

I like the Brzilians and have not slagged them and as for SWP I dont think he bottles it as a rule but the odd time he does yes. Not saying he did today but I was just making the point we dont know what he was told as we didnt hear, we also do all know that once a player goes onto the pitch it's his own choices that determin a result in the end, weather it be to pull out of a tackle or to pass the ball to a certain player. The manager cannot influence that one bit, yeh he can make subs etc but only if the talent to replace is sat there.

not my fault! said:
browny33 said:
TBH whilst I admire your sentiment, your argument is based purely on your opinion and very little fact.

The 'Taggart Turnaround Factor' is very much the exception, can you name one other manager who has turned things around at a club like that?

Ireland has been a revelation this season, but he started his preseason before Hughes was named the manager and it was very much off his own back after realising he was being a fool to himself. I've not read anything anywhere where Ireland has spoken about Hughes, though I am willing to stand corrected on that. The upshot is Ireland is playing well because Stephen Ireland wants to play well.

As for players like Dunne having his 'card marked' thats your opinion have you any basis of fact to support this? Surely if Hughes did not want Dunne he wouldn't have him as Captain.

He's got two games maximum for me. Today was an easier game than it will be against both Hull and Blackburn.

Tell me some players who played today dont know they wont be playing next year? Be real, yeh my opinion and I have no "fact" except we all know it to be true... Ball for one wont be playing much.

Player turnover is a fact in football whoever is in charge. Ball has been with us for two seasons which given his past record is about par.

Players who play for top clubs raise their game or expect to be let go, if the players cannot raise their games or put in the required effort then they shouldn't be playing for us. Ireland last season was all promise, now he's looking like the player we want him to be, the upshot is if they can't stand up and be counted to keep their job with us they're not good enough. So what if they're looking over their shoulders at who's coming in, it should spur them on. This argument is a nonsense and I can never understand it, if I did my job badly I'd be out on my ear why should footballers be the same?

forevercity said:
not my fault! said:
Agreed but I aint down, P1ssed off yeh but I genuinely think we will turn this around. We only need to put a few results in the bag to get us going again. Your a poster I respect, what do you think and be honest, Am I totaly wrong in what I posted? I just dont see sacking the manager the best way to move forward just yet.

im just mege down because ive already had about 10 messages and countless facebook taunts off the red bastards! not to mention christmas meal with my red old man!

i think what you posted is well thought and put across well mate, just appears everyone is extremelly pissed off tonight!

I think hughes will turn it round aswell, but I dont think he is the man to take us to glory, attract world class players like the owners want. I dont even think he is capable of us playing the kind of footy Sven had us playing last season, the popmy 6-0 appears to be a one off, and IIRC all 3 brazilians were on the pitch, and surprise surprise we win 6-0 and play some great footy

Agree with everything you have said. He will get us through this though and thats all we need for now. If the powers that be want to sack him in the summer then so be it, I am not a Hughes fan, I'm a City fan and what we do now is what counts. Keep the faith blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.