The "I don't care about the World Cup" thread

laserblue

I couldn't give a toss about the World Cup due to it being a corrupt competition organised by a corrupt federation held in a corrupt country as a result of the corrupt award following a corrupt bidding process. I haven't watched a minute of it and don't intend to.

All I want is for all City players to come out of it without injury.

I realise I may be in a minority of one but but are any other Bluemooners equally uninterested in the World Cup?

Won’t lose sleep over any of the results but it’s competitive football when there usually isn’t any on and the games have mostly been good. Good enough for me.

I couldn't give a toss about the World Cup due to it being a corrupt competition organised by a corrupt federation held in a corrupt country as a result of the corrupt award following a corrupt bidding process. I haven't watched a minute of it and don't intend to.

I realise I may be in a minority of one but but are any other Bluemooners equally uninterested in the World Cup?

So to clarify, do you think there may be just a ever so slight risk of corruption?

Historically I haven’t been as interested, and felt the same about City players getting hurt. Felt the same about FIFA — and odious “non-profit” — and didn’t have much of a rooting interest given that I am an American of German descent who dislikes both the USA and the German teams (I’m partial to the Dutch because as a young boy Cruyff was my hero). But for some reason, this year my interest is higher, and I think it’s just because I am so happy and proud of City’s players that I want to see them do really well. And so far as individual players they have, even if their teams haven’t been perfect.

dont normally get too exited about it but with the amount of players weve got out there makes it more watchable, would be nice to have a couple of world cup winners in the team next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.