The "I prefer Mancini to Hughes" topic

Revol

I did like Hughes and was a bit shocked at his instant sacking after the Sunderland match, but I personally prefer Mancini. Under Bobby Manc we have climbed to fourth for the second time, had less frequent draws, done better at away matches. Plus he just seems more charismatic and a generally cooler person, whereas Hughes just came across as nervous all the time.

Sure, there's still work to be done under him but I feel he has given us an extra push. I doubt we'd have broken the top four under Hughes.

I think hughes was nervous, because he knew that there were a lot of people who wanted him out. I liked hughes and wanted him to stay, but i think he is gone now

There is no way back for him at city, as it would suggest a huge mistake was made to get rid of him in the first place. Its a pity, but we need to move on.

I have been baffled by some of mancinis decisions, yet i was with Hughes's. I am willing to give Mancini time, as thats what i wanted for hughes, and therefore would make me a hypocrite if i was crying for his name already.

Mancini is a good manager, but i think he may need time to get his head around the english football mentality, and what is his best team.

Revol said:
I did like Hughes and was a bit shocked at his instant sacking after the Sunderland match, but I personally prefer Mancini. Under Bobby Manc we have climbed to fourth for the second time, had less frequent draws, done better at away matches. Plus he just seems more charismatic and a generally cooler person, whereas Hughes just came across as nervous all the time.

Sure, there's still work to be done under him but I feel he has given us an extra push. I doubt we'd have broken the top four under Hughes.
Away?? won1 Drawn1 Lost2 yeh much better

Clubber said:
I think hughes was nervous, because he knew that there were a lot of people who wanted him out. I liked hughes and wanted him to stay, but i think he is gone now

There is no way back for him at city, as it would suggest a huge mistake was made to get rid of him in the first place. Its a pity, but we need to move on.

I have been baffled by some of mancinis decisions, yet i was with Hughes's. I am willing to give Mancini time, as thats what i wanted for hughes, and therefore would make me a hypocrite if i was crying for his name already.

Mancini is a good manager, but i think he may need time to get his head around the english football mentality, and what is his best team.
^^^^^^^^^^quality Post,couldnt agree more^^^^^^^^^

Clubber said:

this, we would never have hughes back and we have to back bob to sort his tactics out english style. once he has we'll be flying, we certainly have the players. a couple to tweak us would help mind.

I don't prefer either of them. Both have their obvious weaknesses, and I don't see Mancini as a step up from Hughes at all. Our performances are still bad, not much has improved, just that Mancini has had a load of luck, but then again Italians always seem to get lucky.

to be honest i prefered hughes. more attacking football, a faster pace and plenty of excitment. i know we shipped a lot of goals, but still bobby manc hasnt really done much, 5 in against the rags in 2 legs, 2 against stoke in 2 games isnt a big improvent. also i cant help think our shit atmosphere is something to do with the slow and boring football we are currently playing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.