The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sir baconface, 12 Mar 2020.

1. birch villa

birch villa

Some things continue ,even in these troubled times
    Mike Ashley is still a c__t

purplenose likes this.
  2. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
    I’m all for them being given allocated slots, I actually believe that they should be getting their goods delivered directly and not having to spend an hour or so travelling and shopping when they probably could do with the rest. but if they’re taking the piss then that’s not on either.

Last edited: 24 Mar 2020
    Bigga likes this.
  3. Neil francis

Neil francis

Haven't panic shopped and after yesterday's announcement thought I fkd up.
    Went to Iceland outlet and very few people there, everyone respected each other and stood to the back of the till until the one in front served.
    If this is how it will be then we will all manage.
    Had 2 carrier bags of stuff that will last us around 5 day's (plenty of bog roll but restricted).

ADVERTISEMENT

4. karen7

karen7

Got some loo roll today that i forgot i had ordered,i rang 4 of my neighbours and said i never thought i would ever say this to you but i am going to leave some loo roll on your doorstep lol,one is going to cut my lawn in return

5. birch villa

birch villa

The loo roll fairy has been mum

6. SiMCFC

SiMCFC

Given up on local supermarkets. We had a load of fresh fruit and veg delivered by local greengrocer wholesaler today who is doing drop offs, maybe paid an extra quid that we would from Supermarket prices, milk from milk man which we will carry on after this dies down as it was waiting at 6am when I got up and comes from Farm 15 mins away. After all this stops my days of doing a big shop at Supermarket are over tbh, we have cut back on eating junky stuff and have been using stuff we would normally throw to make nice soups etc, been a bit of an eye opener, also managed to grab some sausages, beef mince and chicken breasts from butcher on way home from work the other night, same price as supermarket but 1 breast was nearly double the size of the usual ones from Sainsburys...

Mike Brock likes this.
  7. fulabeer

fulabeer

Amazon is lethal!
    Bought two boxes of 48 Cadburys Creme eggs (one original one Oreo)
    I will die of diabetes long before Covid19!

8. karen7

karen7

Ha it is not exactly healthy,don't even look at the easter eggs,why does chocolate taste better in the shape of an egg? One of lifes mysteries

fulabeer likes this.
  9. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

Its funny coz I went to Iceland this evening - didn't know they were doing 6 - 7pm NHS staff only ( judging by the scrawled note on the door may not be a business wide thing ) but oddly the doors didn't open and a member of staff approached them and asked for my NHS id. There was NOBODY in there and all the staff were sat about 3 feet away from each other !! I only wanted a frozen pizza and some Greggs sausage rolls.

Anyway I have found stocks seem to be better as people consume or wipe their arse on their panic bought stocks plus if you go @ tea time its piss easy to practise social distancing as there are only two or three of you in the whole store !

10. Bigga

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
    Today, I've been hearing stories of how NHS are being mugged(or attempted) for their passes!!

Ridiculous, I know, but crazier things have happened...