The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Nope
a big fuck off pandemic has totally scuppered Brexit. A smoother transition may have happened if it wasn’t for Covid. Nobody who voted for or against Brexit foresaw what would happen with Covid and Brexit.

Bollocks. The pandemic hit in March, we had 9 months of transition left. We were offered another year because of the pandemic to allow us to transition more smoothly. We turned it down. During a pandemic. I’ll repeat that. During a pandemic we decided to inflict more damage on UK industry that was already struggling with the pandemic and unable to focus on Brexit.

Because no one had a bloody idea what form Brexit would take. Would we be fully in the EU SM/CU, in for a time limited period of 5 years to transition over, be in the EEA area?

Businesses are not going to put money into a infrastructure and systems model that may be redundant.

We were actually promised we would not exit until we had a clear idea of what the future relationship would be and there would be a two year transition period to allow the country to prepare.

Instead we agreed a deal just before Christmas and were out by New Year with one year transition. During a fucking pandemic.

Christ on a fucking bike. How stupid are Brexiteers? It’s a trick question. Fucking stupid.
Well I voted for Brexit so I must be really fucking stupid. Thank you for pointing that out and making me aware of the fact. Deal with it, I will.

Bollocks. The pandemic hit in March, we had 9 months of transition left. We were offered another year because of the pandemic to allow us to transition more smoothly. We turned it down. During a pandemic. I’ll repeat that. During a pandemic we decided to inflict more damage on UK industry that was already struggling with the pandemic and unable to focus on Brexit.

There's a reason they decided to not take that extra year and that's so they can blame stuff like this on the pandemic. They got very lucky with Covid as a lot of people will use this an an excuse for a lot of stuff

In general Brexiteers won’t admit that one iota of the current problems are down to it. Even if it’s minimal. It’s like banging your head against a brick wall.

In general Brexiteers won’t admit that one iota of the current problems are down to it. Even if it’s minimal. It’s like banging your head against a brick wall.
Did you read the thread I posted above?

The troubles in the Haulage industry have been brewing for years, but suddenly everyone is using Brexit as an excuse when it really isn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.