The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Im not sure that holds much weight just a day after the government decide to allow temporary visas for drivers. It quite clearly has some relevance as that’s the absolute last thing this government in particular would have wanted to do.

Bear in mind it’s not just about the driver shortage too, other rules brought in due to
Brexit are a contributing factor as well in terms of why we’re starting to struggle more than elsewhere that also has the same if not bigger issues with driver numbers.

I don’t think it’s the main issue in the industry, nor have I seen many argue it is. Just that it clearly hasn’t helped and only added to what already was a challenging situation.
I honestly think it's being used as an excuse by an industry was already in decline.

You said that everyone was using Brexit as an excuse when it isn't. Now you are saying that it is technically true though irrelevant. The reality is that Brexit is a leading cause of a shortfall of employees in many industries and that the government has not assisted industry in planning for that shortfall because they lied to the nation about trade deals being ready and waiting.
Regulation has made a difference in a small way, but that really is papering over the cracks in the grand scheme of things.

I see the Remoaners have hijacked another thread. There is a politics section for you all to gather round and moan to each other how it is not fair and the big bad man made us leave.
Why would you make a post like that at this time?

Because it is a big factor in the issues that have now come to the fore.
Had the Media not blasted bollocks about a petrol shortage there would be no issue at all now. Some would say it's been purposely created so somebody makes a lot of money. I filled up Wednesday evening I was the only one at the pump A day later they were queueing down the street, don't tell me they suddenly realised they all needed petrol.

Had the Media not blasted bollocks about a petrol shortage there would be no issue at all now. Some would say it's been purposely created so somebody makes a lot of money. I filled up Wednesday evening I was the only one at the pump A day later they were queueing down the street, don't tell me they suddenly realised they all needed petrol.
The environment for that panic buying has been created by people's selfishness, granted, the media bigging up the issue for profit, granted, but also the fact that there are shortages in many areas.

1632774867284.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.